Search for content in message boards

Packs of Spartanburg County, SC and Polk County, NC

Replies: 5

Re: Packs of Spartanburg County, SC and Polk County, NC

Posted: 4 Aug 2012 1:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pack
Alexa:
I am a descendant of Taylor Madison Pack. Taylor first married Mary Magdalene Young. They had 9 or 10 children. The one child that I am in question about is Essie Pack. I have not been able to locate any documents relating to her. In Taylor’s first marriage he had Luther Madison (b. 1898 in Grambling, Spartanburg, SC), Thomas Davis (b. 1900 in Grambling,-—, S.C.) Lillie May (b. 1902 d. 1903 in Grambling,--, S.C.), Sydney Arthur (b. 1903 in Grambling,---,S.C.), Roy Lindsey (b. 1905 in Grambling, ---,S.C.), Martha May (b. 1906 in Grambling, ---, S.C.), Pearlie Jay (b. 1908 in Spartanburg, S.C.), Essie [the one I’m not sure of] (b. 1910 in Spartanburg), James Ravenel [my dad] (b. 1913 in Spartanburg, S.C.) and Grady Eugene (b. 1914 in Spartanburg, S.C.).

Mary M. Young, Taylor M. Pack’s first wife died 18 Oct 1918 from the Spanish Flu epidemic.

Taylor then married Annie Barnett and I understand they had 2 more children together. Going by word of mouth and without any documents, I was made to understand he had a 3rd wife who was a Mrs. Black before Taylor married her and they had one child---again I have no proof that was the case.

My dad was four years old when his mother died. He told me that his dad kicked the children out of the house and he was raised by who ever would take him in, mostly Nan Young. I ask several of the children of Taylor M. Pack where their father was buried and none of them could tell me. After years of searching I found his marker in an Inman, Spartanburg cemetery. He died 29 March 1941.

At Jones Cemetery in Polk county N.C. there is a marker for a Madison Pack listing birth at May 27, 1857 and death at May 27 1893. I don’t know at this time if this is James Madison Pack’s marker. I understood that he died in the 1890s from an accident.

There was a Martha Pack killed by a bus in Spartanburg, S.C. I don’t know at this time if it the same Martha Pack that was a widow of James Madison Pack. The article ran in the Spartanburg Hearld newspaper Nov 16, 1914. The article title was “AGED WOMAN IS KILLED BY AUTO”.
(All information given above is subject to correction - it is an ongoing project)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Alexa_Pack 7 Nov 2007 7:24PM GMT 
dpackinsc 4 Aug 2012 7:03PM GMT 
Alexa_Pack 5 Aug 2012 1:41AM GMT 
mittelstadt2 18 Oct 2012 8:14PM GMT 
mittelstadt2 18 Oct 2012 8:18PM GMT 
mittelstadt2 30 Oct 2012 9:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions