Search for content in message boards

Lewis/:Louis Parham

Replies: 0

Lewis/:Louis Parham

Posted: 1 Oct 2009 11:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hey to all my Parham cousins, I'm at a point where I can't find any information on 2 times great grandfather's parents and hoping somebody might have the answer, so here's what I have. He is Lewis Riley Parham and based on the 1900 Lincolnton County, N.C. census which he shows up as Louis Parham married to Sarah Reed, this census shows him born in N.C. as well as both parents. also shows him born in 1847 but his grave marker in Franklin County, Ga shows him born 1840 - I've found many were not well educated and in many cases, many really didn't really know their true age. I've seen this happened many times.

One thing that stood out was his first 4 children were born in Tennessee and I have copies of several of Lewis's children World War 1 draft registrations ( one being my great grandfather, Mack Dalford Parham ) were it shows they were born in Bradley County Tennessee. I did see where there were several Parham(s) in this county about this time and found a Lewis Parham as the son of William Franklin Parham but folks on various family trees showed him died before 1900 in Dade County, GA. Did he really died because my Lewis Parham started his family around 1894. Can't help but wonder if maybe the family distant themselves from him. The other Lewis Parham in Bradley county is the son of John H. Parham but it is showed as this one born in the mid 1850's.

I've found there are a lot of Lewis and Louis Parhams that were born in the 1840's that make it hard to make a trace on the right one. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Richard Cutler
r.cutler@comcast.net

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions