Search for content in message boards

Virginia Parhams

Replies: 0

Virginia Parhams

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 9:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parham, Bozel, Watkins, Markham, Hardaway
Hi, all. I am looking for some help connecting some Parhams in my family tree. Any help is much appreciated.

James Markham Parham (1826-1894) of Petersburg, VA was my gr-gr-gr grandfather. He married Anne Brooks. Their daughter was Ella Esther Parham who married George M. Bozel. I am looking for the father of James M Parham. This is a family that was long in Petersburg/Dinwiddie/Brunswick/Prince George.

Blandford cemetery records list James M Parham's father as Markham Parham. But I can find no evidence so far of any such person as Markham Parham.

Previous family research (some records lost, only a sketchy tree remaining) shows the father of James M Parham as a William W Parham. I have not been able to find evidence of that either.

I have only ever found one reference to James M Parham in posts to Parham-related forums. One person published some information indicating that his mother was Elizabeth Hardaway, father unknown-first-name Parham. I have found an Elizabeth Hardaway who had a father named James Markham Hardaway. This seems promising but so far I can't find a definitive link.

There is (as yet unsubstantiated) belief that this Parham line runs through a Nicholas Parham, who was a private in Bolling's Regiment during the Revolution. This may be the same Nicholas Parham that once owned land in Petersburg, some of which became part of Blandford Cemetery.

One possible Nicholas Parham would be the son of Lewis Parham (b. around 1700). Nicholas was the brother of Ephraim Parham. I have found much detail posted on the descendants of Ephraim but only one mention anywhere of Nicholas' lineage. One person posted some information showing a wife of Mary (last name unknown) and a daughter, Nancy, who married William Watkins, Jr.

The information I most need is:

- Any information on James M Parham establishing his father
- Information on the lineage of any Nicholas Parham that might have been a Revolutionary-era soldier in southern/south central Virginia

Thank you.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions