Search for content in message boards

Henry Patton

Replies: 16

Henry Patton

Posted: 13 Feb 2008 11:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Patton, Graham, Agricola, May
If anyone out there has specific and detailed information out of Dr David Agricola's latest edition of the Patton Compendium, specifically the sections designated for James Patton & Florence Graham, I could use some assistance on a specific matter.

I need to know the specific reference material on Henry Patton, who is reportedly the father of this James Patton, (c 1752- c 1817). I'm looking for deeds, and any other actual documents which would prove the connections proposed.

I notice on a regular basis, many conflicting stories as to who James' father is proposed to be, and I have a tendency to follow the documentation of Dr Agricola, as he nearly had made a professional career out of his research on the Pattons.

I do not believe the widely proposed John Patton & Agness Snodgrass/Snodgrad (different spelling in different trees) to be true. This information has no backing, and actually leads into another branch of the Patton family, who would be 1st or 2nd cousins.

Since Dr Agricola's death, I have not been able to locate one of his books for purchase, and had been putting off buying one until the next edition was ready for printing. This unfortunately did not ever happen.
I had supplied him just before he passed on, with the linage after Littleton Patton (son of Granville) he was looking for, in case anyone wants it, you can find it on my tree.

Please help. This Henry search has been eluding me for some time, and there is no easy answer to his documentation. I'd like to know who his parents are, where he was from if he indeed came over from Ireland, when the immigration was, etc. If someone is even brave enough to loan me their Patton book, I will be happy to return it with great care.

- Holly Patton
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lollyrae 13 Feb 2008 6:39PM GMT 
caekading 16 Apr 2008 1:13PM GMT 
William L Pat... 21 Apr 2008 9:52PM GMT 
730Carol 25 Apr 2008 9:51PM GMT 
Lollyrae 25 Apr 2008 10:22PM GMT 
730Carol 25 Apr 2008 11:29PM GMT 
Lollyrae 25 Apr 2008 11:31PM GMT 
730Carol 25 Apr 2008 11:49PM GMT 
William L Pat... 26 Apr 2008 12:12AM GMT 
730Carol 26 Apr 2008 12:21AM GMT