Search for content in message boards

Buel Phillips Line

Replies: 2

Buel Phillips Line

Douglas Spaulding (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2000 3:48AM GMT
Noting that Buel Phillips has no other listing than having been married to Eunice Belnap, I wish to add that Buel's father was Revolutionary War soldier Amaziah Phillips, and his mother was Sarah Buel. The Buel (Buell) family can be traced back to the 12th century. The Belnaps (Belknaps) trace back to a grandmother of William Shakespeare, who was a lady-in-waiting in the Court of Henry V (one of Shakespeare's great history plays). Amaziah's Father may be a Samuel Phillips. Buel's son, Jesse, settled with his father in the Brokenstraw, Youngsville, Warren County, Pa, and married Mary Anne Turner of the Mayflower Turners. I have copies of the wills of both Buel and Jesse. Jess'e son James Darius married Alvernon Porter; Their son, my grandather, was Harry Wesley Phillips, who m. Amanda Crippen. The Crippens trace back to the Fuller and Rogers Mayflower lines. The Phillips family, through maternal lines, also trace back to several other Mayflower ancestors: The Dotys, the Hopkins, the Cookes, to mention just a few. The Crippen line also connects with the Mormon, Joseph Smith. Many other famous family connections appear with the common ancestors, Samuel Rowley and Edmund Rice.The Rowleys, for instance claim ancestral connection with Winston Churchill and Princess Diana as well as U.S. Grant. Nick Carter of the Back Street Boys, descends from these common ancestors.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Douglas Spaulding 17 Oct 2000 9:48AM GMT 
Janet D 16 Nov 2000 1:58PM GMT 
Douglas Spaulding 17 Nov 2000 6:57AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic