Search for content in message boards

PIKE, Horace L. - Born 1843 in Maine - Died 1875

Replies: 0

PIKE, Horace L. - Born 1843 in Maine - Died 1875

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 10:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Nov 2012 1:30PM GMT
Surnames: Pike and Bray
I am researching information on Horace L. Pike who was born in Maine around 1843. I have also seen his middle initial shown as "P".

He enlisted in the Army in 1861 and served in Company B, 7th Inventry Regiment Maine. He was promoted to Full 2nd Lieutenant in 1862 and left the Army in 1864, having survived the Civil War where he fought for the Union.

He was married to Mattie Bray Pike of North Carolina who was a seamstress. Together they had one child, Walter Raleigh Pike, who was born in Raleigh, North Carolina in 1870.

The only information I have been able to find on his marriage to Mattie Bray was in a Civil War Pension Index where it shows Mattie B. Pike, widow, filed for a pension on September 6, 1890. Name of soldier is shown as Horace P. Pike. His date of death, March 25, 1875, I found on a US Civil War Soldier Records and Profiles on Ancestry.com.

I am interested in learning more details about his mariage to Mattie Bray and I would like to learn where he is buried.

Horace Pike is my great-great-grandfather. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions