Search for content in message boards

Pohl's from WI and MN

Replies: 2

Re: Pohl's from WI and MN

Posted: 1 Apr 2004 3:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Oct 2006 8:17PM GMT
Surnames: Bang, Dahling
Amazingly, we appear to be distantly related in two ways.

First, you mention Irene Pohl marrying Henry Bang, son of John Bang and "unknown." These are my great-great-grandparents. "Unknown" is actually Ulricke (or Ulrica) Friedrich, born abt. 1853 in Prussia, died 20 October 1932 in Red Wing. John Bang was born abt. 1854 in MO, died 14 April 1941 in Goodhue Co, MN. Their children: Herbert, Loren, Lydia, Rose, William, Clara, and Louisa. Clara was my great-grandmother.

John Bang's parents were Henry (born abt. 1824 in Prussia) and Frederica (born abt. 1837 in Prussia). Their children were John, Otto, Emma, Wesley, Ida, Louisa, Henry, and Sydia (not sure of that spelling).

Our other connection has to do with the name Dahling. My great-grandmother, Clara Bang, married John Henry Bohmbach, and one of his ancestors married a Dahling. For information on that name, and on Frances Pohl and Henry Dahling in particular, go to www.minnesotacousins.com. The author of that website has done an incredible amount of research.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
smith691 19 Sep 2002 8:23PM GMT 
skdhols 1 Apr 2004 10:25AM GMT 
pohlcat444 29 Sep 2010 5:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions