Search for content in message boards

Herman Pohl Family

Replies: 1

Re: Herman Pohl Family

Posted: 30 Oct 2011 9:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
My Aunt Katherine Pfaff m. Herman Pohl w. 2 child.(Herman Jr moved to CA, and Erna married a Sisk and also moved to CA) "Kate" b. Freudenthal, S. Russia(now Ukraine)near Odessa. Parents and family immigrated to S.Dak. 1908. She met Herman Pohl in SD,(he was from Germany according to my father)and m. before 1920 according to census. More on Herman Senior not known. Katherine's parents were Heinrich Andreas Pfaff (Henry A., b. 8 May 1869 Freudenthal, d. summer of 1964/5 SD) and Elizabeth Dupper (b. 1861 Freudenthal, d. ? SD). Henry was the youngest and only surviving son of Andreas Pfaff (according to www.remmick.org/Pfaff.Genealogy)who was the 13th child of Johann William Pfaff who was the sixth child of Johann Michael Pfaff and Sybilla. Johann Michael was the son of Johann Phillip who was the son of Conrad Pfaff b.~1711 Winweiller, Pfalz, Holy Roman Empire (Germany). Earlier ancestors, the Pfannkuchen and Closs families date back to the early 1600's. Elizabeth/Elisabetha dau. of Peter Dupper (b.~1848) and Katherine Christmann. According to family stories, Elizabeth's older brother, Fredrick Dupper was sent to Siberia for his part in the Black Sea Fleet Mutiny/ Odessa Uprising of ~1905. I am still working on sorting out the Duppers and Christmanns. Aunt Kate was the eldest of 11 children. My father, Heinrich Pieter (Henry Peter) was the 8th child. So, Herman Jr. and Erna were my cousins. Do you have any more info on them?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Pafdonut 29 Jul 2004 1:42AM GMT 
pfaffl1 31 Oct 2011 3:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions