Search for content in message boards

Pook's in New Zealand

Replies: 16

Re: Pook's in New Zealand

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 2:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Bruce

This is really interesting information. Ted was with Kohi at Pahi by the time your Grandmother was born. Ted and Kohi had at least one child of their own by this date. However, I guess this is not to say that he wasn't also visiting both houses?? Ted and Gertrude divorced in 1930 and Ted and Kohi married in 1931. Gertrude remarried in 1932 to Alfred Harper and they lived in Auckland.
I don't have alot of information about the family as my grandmother, Maria, didn't have much to do with her family in my Dad's lifetime or pass on much information. Dad recalls some things but he wasn't born till 1938 and was the second youngest of 10 children. My grandfather died in 1940 whilst Nana was pregnant with the 10th child. She had a pretty tough life bringing up her family on her own and she never remarried.
There is plenty of written information about Ted and Kohi's family but not so much about Gertrude and their children. I understand the the 2 families were kept very seperate and Nana didn't indicate that she knew her half siblings. It must have been difficult for Gertrude to live so close to Ted and Kohi in a smalll community.
I would love to see any newspaper items etc you have.
I live in Hamilton and my Dad also lives near me.
Any information I have on the family is on my family tree page and I hope that is of help to you.

Kind regards

Neroli
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
famhis59 14 Oct 2012 7:23AM GMT 
LianneEales 23 Oct 2012 7:46AM GMT 
georgeclement... 12 Mar 2013 9:26AM GMT 
FrAlgar 12 Mar 2013 7:42PM GMT 
neroli113 3 Nov 2012 8:31PM GMT 
FrAlgar 12 Mar 2013 7:21PM GMT 
am_ber 19 Mar 2012 2:28AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions