Here is a very sad story - curiosity got the best of him.
Boston Herald, November 21 1946
(Special dispatch to the Herald)
Child dies by fire he set to Kerosene
Stoughton, Nov. 20 - Children playing with kerosene and matches were blamed today for the death of Malcom Pooler, Jr., 4, burned to death in a shed at his home at 73 Canton St.
Firemen said that although the investigation was incomplete, it appeared Malcolm and four playmates had spilled kerosene around the shed. While the other four stood at the door and watched, Malcolm, inside, lighted a match and touched it to the oil. In running for the door, he tripped and fell. Flames quickly spread over the entire shed and to the house, causing $4500 damage.