Search for content in message boards

Nathaniel and William Porter of NJ/NY- c1790's

Replies: 9

Re: Nathaniel and William Porter of NJ/NY- c1790's

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 9:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,

I came across old comments regarding Nathaniel and William Porter. I lot has been discovered about these Porters in the last year. Hopefully your email still works. I am from Dansville and recently found out that the early settlers were buried in an old cemetery and they were kicked out in 1889 to make room for a park. Most of the bodies remain there. Many but not all markers were moved to Greenmount Cemetery. I found out that several tombstones were discarded along the service road at Greenmount and dug them out and photographed them. They included Nathaniel and Charity Lane Porter, William and Ann Oukee Porter, and little Ann Porter (daughter of Richard W--the son of William--and Catherine--the daughter of Nathaniel

I have documentation of all of this if interested.

I have tombstone photos of these and many more Porters at my Ancestry.com site and at findagrave.com--or I am in the process of adding. I am working with several Porters, including the mentioned Bill Purcell on this project.

I have set up a work in progress Old Dansville Village Cemetery site at: http://www.paintedhills.org/STEUBEN/OldDansvilleVillageCem.h...

We were able to get the Village of Dansville to rename the old cemetery grounds "Pioneer Park" and are raising money to put up a memorial stone and fix up the park. Many Porters have made donations and you are welcome to as well. See the artist rendition below.

We hope to have the discarded tombstones moved to the plot at Greenmont where I found the old stone for Richard W. and Catherine Porter Porter.

Please spread the word.

Bob Glover
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tom Kooken 27 Apr 2002 10:06PM GMT 
Chuck Mack 20 Jan 2004 6:20PM GMT 
dericbooth 21 Jan 2004 9:27AM GMT 
Chuck Mack 21 Jan 2004 8:58PM GMT 
dericbooth 22 Jan 2004 8:34AM GMT 
tek108 24 Jan 2004 1:08AM GMT 
kmporter53 31 Mar 2008 3:48AM GMT 
GloverBurger 6 Jan 2013 4:23AM GMT 
GloverBurger 6 Jan 2013 4:24AM GMT 
lindoncreak 8 Jan 2013 4:00AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions