Search for content in message boards

Hugh Porter

Replies: 7

Re: Hugh Porter

Posted: 2 Jan 2010 12:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Howie, Landers, Vaughan, Riddle, Harrison, Briggs
Nauriece Howie Vaughan probably obtained some of her information from her cousins in Ovalo, Texas, Ludie Bell Landers, Mamie Ethel Landers Riddle, Della Abrigail Landers, and Ada Chaney Landers Harrison. They were involved in genealogical research in the 1930's and later. I don't know what happened to their research. I have copies of letters that they wrote to obtain information.
After Nauriece and her husband, Clayton, passed away, their papers went to her sister, Marion Howie Briggs of Terrell, Texas. I shared my work with Nauriece and she would tell me my errors, but I never got to see any of her work, except for a 1996 PAF file of Clayton's families. I still have that PAF file.
I have a family bible with Rebecca Porter Howie's handwriting listing the birth of her children, including John C. and Mary Ann E. Howie. I think that these two children were named for John C. and Mary Ann E. Porter.
They could have been an uncle and aunt to Rebecca or her own parents. Another daughter, Margaret had the E. middle initial. Rebecca's oldest son, James, lived west of Florence, very close to the ancestors of Clayton Vaughan. And of course, the Briggs line came from Lexington, Alabama. Rebecca did have a son named Andrew P. Howie, who could have been named for either Andrew S. Porter, or Andrew R. Porter. Did Rebecca have a sister named Mary who married a Mr. Freeman? My email is ronhowie17@hotmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jpgomillion 2 Jan 2008 3:03AM GMT 
Ronald Howie 19 Dec 2009 6:16PM GMT 
jpgomillion 24 Dec 2009 2:21AM GMT 
Ronald Howie 2 Jan 2010 7:37AM GMT 
jpgomillion 17 Jun 2013 10:22PM GMT 
jpgomillion 17 Jun 2013 10:23PM GMT 
gene422 15 Jun 2013 5:53PM GMT 
jpgomillion 17 Jun 2013 2:19PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions