Search for content in message boards

Hugh Porter

Replies: 7

Re: Hugh Porter

Posted: 23 Dec 2009 7:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi--It was good to get a reply to my post! I have gotten most of my information from my dad, Charles Wesley Porter, who has worked for years on genealogy--long before the Internet. Anyway, he has correspondence from an older lady, Nauriece Howie Vaughan from Terrell, Texas. She is a great-granddaughter of Rebecca Frances Porter and Caldwell Howie, and she has in her information that Hugh Porter and Rebecca Porter's parents were John Porter, Jr. and Mary Ann E. She said she had gotten her information from an older relative who had done the reseach years earlier.
I have a copy of a will from Abbeville, SC for a John Porter which was witnessed 12/6/1824. His wife was Mary E.A. Porter. He lists a brother, Hugh. No children are mentioned, but the witnesses were C.B. Porter, Andrew S. Porter, and Hugh Porter, Jr. So maybe John and Mary A.E. were an uncle and aunt--too much of a coincidence, I believe, of the witnesses being the same names as my Hugh's brothers who came to Alabama.
Maybe we can compare research finds and solve this mystery!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jpgomillion 2 Jan 2008 3:03AM GMT 
Ronald Howie 19 Dec 2009 6:16PM GMT 
jpgomillion 24 Dec 2009 2:21AM GMT 
Ronald Howie 2 Jan 2010 7:37AM GMT 
jpgomillion 17 Jun 2013 10:22PM GMT 
jpgomillion 17 Jun 2013 10:23PM GMT 
Gene Lamont 15 Jun 2013 5:53PM GMT 
jpgomillion 17 Jun 2013 2:19PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions