Search for content in message boards

Rush, Ellen, George, Andrew John Potter, Michigan

Replies: 1

Rush, Ellen, George, Andrew John Potter, Michigan

Audrey Barber (View posts)
Posted: 23 Sep 2000 5:59AM GMT
I am looking for information on Rush Richard or Richard Rush POTTER born 26 Sept 1843, and his family, Kalamazoo MI. He possibly had brothers John D. born 1849, Andrew born 1838, George unknown birth, and sister Ellen born 1841. I have found a George POTTER, 1 year in County Poor Farm in Kalamazoo 1850 census. Father is possibly also Andrew.

Family history says, their mother died, possibly in child birth, when jRush was 7 years old. The children were all farmed out with other families, because the father had a head injury and could not care for the kids. Rush did not remember his father's name.

Rush lived with the John HOGEBOAM family, and worked for his room and board. He worked very hard, had no shoes and had to do chores in the Michigan winters in his bare feet.

Would like to hear from other' s reaching this family. I have very little information, except census records.

Rush married Mary CLEMENT on 1 Jan 1867 in Kalamazoo. They later moved to California with their three childre, Tim, John and Zettie. They died in Kenwood, Ca in August 1930.

I can be contacted at , e-mail: barber@snowcrest.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Audrey Barber 23 Sep 2000 11:59AM GMT 
jkilmer1977 5 Jan 2013 6:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions