Search for content in message boards

Madeleine Poulin m. François-Xavier Thibault abt 1724

Replies: 5

Madeleine Poulin m. François-Xavier Thibault abt 1724

Posted: 27 May 2002 9:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jun 2003 8:59PM GMT
Surnames: Poulin, Thibault, Giguère, Bouche,r Dupré, Gagné
Here's a tough nut to crack for all you amateur genealogists out there (like me).
François-Xavier Thibault (b 6 Sep 1695) and Madeleine Poulin (b 20 Dec 1706) married abt. 1724 and had 14 children, including my 4th-great-granddaddy André Thibault. There are two sticking points in going further back in time.
Some people give Nicolas Thibault and Françoise Boucher (married 23 Jul 1686) as parents of François-Xavier Thibault, but that's relatively easy to prove wrong. His parents were actually François Thibault (Nicolas' brother) and Marie-Anne Dupré (married 7 Apr 1687). Nicolas also had a son named François-Xavier (even born the same year as his cousin of the same name), but he married other women (one of whom died).
That was the easy part.
Madeleine Poulin, François-Xavier's wife, is given by some as the daughter of Pierre Poulin and Anne Giguère (both of whom have been mentionned on this message board; they married 13 Nov 1689) while others give Madeleine's parents as Jean Poulin and Marie Gagné dit Bellavance (married 17 Jun 1702, according to a marriage contract held by Etienne Jacob). The problem is that, as far as I am aware, the marriage record for François-Xavier Thibault and Madeleine Poulin is missing. It would give a more exact date (than abt. 1724) and would list the parents of both newlyweds. The further problem I am encountering is that Jean Poulin and Marie Gagné dit Bellavance appear so few times together in birth/death/marriage records that it would be easy to believe that they are not even married at the time. Further, they apparently also had a daughter named Madeleine Poulin (born abt. 1705), but I'm not able to dig up anything else on her at all. Maybe she became a nun or died young?
I would appreciate anything solid on this couple.
With thanks.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pgpotvin 28 May 2002 3:02AM GMT 
gaea7602 7 Feb 2003 4:27AM GMT 
Pierre Potvin 7 Feb 2003 12:46PM GMT 
Sharyn McGlin... 19 Jun 2003 3:34AM GMT 
Gabriel1946 14 Dec 2012 9:35PM GMT 
Gabriel1946 14 Dec 2012 9:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic