Search for content in message boards

Henry Jackson Powell

Replies: 0

Henry Jackson Powell

Dwight Bullock (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jul 2005 1:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Powell, Powel, Lewis, Mitchell, Hines, Bullock
Looking for those who know of Henry Jackson Powell b: 1824 d: 1903 who was married to Nancy Burch Powell b: 1831 d 1909. They married in 1846 in either MS or LA. Nancy was the daughter of Richard Benjamin Burch and Fannie Varderman (Vardiman).One of their children was Richard Benjamin Powell who was born in 1854 in either Simpson or Rankin Co. MS. Henry Jackson Powell is my gggggrandfather.

Richard Benjamin Powell had several children by my gggrandmother Hedgar Anna Hines (spelling loss due to Cherokee dialect). Hedgar Anna had several children all with Richard Benjamin at the same time that he also had children with his open wife, His name even shows up on school records in Jasper County, Texas as the main supporter of the chidlren getting an education at the same school that all kids attended, including his children by Hedgar Anna.Very interesting!

Anyway, lets move on.My grandmother was Ruth Anna (Hines-Powell-Mitchell-Lewis). Write and I will tell you more of the names listed..

I have a full log of info on our family line but need to take the Powell side further and want to establish contact with someone who knows of Hedgar Anna Hines. I have a photo of her thata Richard Benjamin Powell had taken for her.

Find a board about a specific topic