Search for content in message boards

Preston

Replies: 18

Preston

Paul Gilbert (Preston) (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: preston

Thank you so much for your response, Robin. Two places were mentioned by my father about my grandfathers place of birth and subsequent residences. One was he was from Lancaster and more particularly the city of Preston. Which I believe is the county seat of Lancaster. Further he mentioned we had relatives who were from the Manor Furness in Cambria county. I have never been to Preston, but some of my friends have and they say it is quite nice. My family it seems had many, many who trained as Medical Doctors and practiced medicine. The only other thing about my grandfather and his family was that my dad, who was a Doctor, said proudly that we came directly from the normans. That we are related to William the Conqueror. Now I am certainly not sure about anything like that, although my dad was not given to frivilous comments. He also wrote on a little piece of paper that the connection was thru someone named Ivo Taillbois. Also the name of Ethelred who inherited the Taillbois barony of Kendal and all the lands in the area of Furness. Now this means nothing to me and it may mean nothing period. I really do not know. But, it is fun to look into, in fact, it is quite exciting. I, by the way, am not a Doctor. I went astray and became a lawyer. In any event I do so much appreciate your replying and some day soon I am going to visit Preston. All these stories may not be accurate, but it is fun even it not totally accurate, but who knows.

Most gratefully,

Paul R. Gilbert
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tamesabine 20 Jul 2003 6:41PM GMT 
stelljay 7 May 2009 8:39AM GMT 
Robin Preston 23 May 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Paul Gilbert (Preston) 23 May 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Paul Gilbert (Preston) 23 May 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Diane Lassiter 4 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
stelljay 1 Feb 2012 9:47AM GMT 
stelljay 7 May 2009 8:35AM GMT 
jimpreston54 15 May 2009 8:49PM GMT