Search for content in message boards

RUFUS PRESTON, WISC.

Replies: 26

Re: RUFUS PRESTON, WISC.

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 4:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jul 2012 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: Slawson, Preston, Parks, Bower, London, McDonald/MacDonald
I, too am from the same line that Darrel Preston writes...his G GF George Preston was my GG GF, his son Joseph was my G GF, his son George Thomas Preston was my GF, his daughter Beverly Jean (Preston) Jenkins was my mother. Daniel Bower was actually Joseph Daniel Bower. We are related to Churchills, Switzers, Bussards/Buzzards(both spellings buried side by side in the Pioneer Cemetery in Oakville, WA, Palmers, Bowers, Prestons-all related, intermarried back in Pennsylvania and came out together to Washington State. The origional George Preston's father was Samuel Preston, believed to have been from Ireland and come first to Canada. Millicent's father was William McDonald, and his father is believed to be a John McDonald from Scotland (where, when-who knows...my gut feeling is we derive from the Clanranald line of Clan Donald)...he fought for the American side during the War of 1812-ourt of Ft.Erie, PA...died enroute home, toward the end of the war..where, how, unknown. His widow believed to be named Elizabeth...supposed to be from Kingston, PA. William's sons all fought during the Civil War with the union's Pennsylvania Bucktail Regiment. Millicent's (also spelled Milasant/Milisanta, etc.) brother, Alexander Celkirk (yes, spelled with a "C") McDonald has direct male descendents lines and living line of James ("Jim") MacDonald (yes, the spelling changed) and his sons Dallas & Lance, who are devotely Seventh day Adventist and live in Fresno, CA. Jim's wife is Dede Aday (yes, a cousin of "Meat Loaf" Aday, and part Cherokee, and a genealogist in her own right)and they have a daughter, Amanda-she and her family now live in Salem, OR-to take advantage of the local program for deaf students, for their youngest son. Back to William McDonald, his wife Sarah London McDonald had a sister Millicent, whom our Millicent is named for. the "London" Millecent married a Mr. Osborne(I believe that was the last name)-was widowed,
with children. She met a widower, a William Parks, also with children. He became a convert, as did Millicent #1 to the Mormon religion and were married by Brigham Young and came westward as pioneer settlers of Utah. Millicent was highly revered by the local people and died in Bountiful, UT. Via the "London Links" family site, I made contact with Jerry Rafferty and he corresponded for a short length of time. We have a local cousin, Rufus Palmer, who is a LDS member (I'm not). I'd like to know more about the Preston line and where exactly our McDonald/MacDonald line is from and what division of the Clan we're from. I'd love to have the good luck $$MONEY FAIRY$$ bestow the money so that Jim or his son(s) could do the DNA tests to determine the hypo-groups. I certainly hope this helps someone and that they in turn can help me. Thanks and all the best to you and yours!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
julswa 22 Jul 2001 4:17AM GMT 
Darrel Preston 29 Aug 2001 11:57PM GMT 
debramjenkins 8 Jul 2012 10:28PM GMT 
leslie wilson 3 Oct 2001 6:39PM GMT 
julswa 4 Oct 2001 3:21AM GMT 
leslie wilson 4 Oct 2001 12:32PM GMT 
Jann Callaghan 28 Nov 2003 4:08AM GMT 
leslie wilson 12 Dec 2003 3:01AM GMT 
JudiPeiffer 23 Sep 2002 4:33PM GMT 
julswa 24 Sep 2002 3:23PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions