John Puterbaugh came from Pennsylvania to Vaughan Township in 1813. He purchased lot 13, concession 5 and received a Crown Deed which is still preserved by the family. John had a family of thirteen children. The property he purchased was farmed by his son Isaac, grandson Isaac, great-grandson Edgar, and great-great-grandson Percy, who sold the farm in 1962. Percy's daughters were the sixth generation of the family to live on the farm, which they owned for 149 years. In 1813, John built a log house, and soon after a log barn similar to the Dalziel barn at Pioneer Village (Black Creek). Still in good condition, it was removed in 1963 and the timbers were used at the McMichael conservation of Arts building in Kleinnburg."
From A history of Vaughan Township, page 217, by G.E. Reaman
There is also information about the Quantz family in this great book published in 1967.