Search for content in message boards

Putman, Kinnan, Martin

Replies: 10

Re: Putman, Kinnan, Martin

Posted: 12 Nov 2009 4:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
This is my comment on the 1880 Arkansas Census:

JOSEPH PUTMAN Lower LaFave, Yell County
Joseph Henry Putman is 11 AR AR AR and listed as a son of John and Sarah (Braton) Lackey of Lower Lefarve Township. I have no idea to whom he is related, but I think it is to William J. Putman, son of Daniel Thomas Putman. A relative states that Joseph was illegitimate and while his father was a Putman, his mother was a Brown. Now to further confuse you. I have spoken with a Peggy Lackey in Arkansas, and she says her husband is a stepson of Emma Putman (a daughter of Daniel Thomas Putman) who married John Gallagher in Washington County in 1877. Must be a connection here. See 1900 for his family.

Here is what I have on my Arkansas Page for the Yell County families:

Then in 1880 we find Joseph and William Putman. Joseph is 11 AR AR AR and living as an adopted child of John and Sarah (Braton) Lackey of Lower Lefarve township. William is 10 AR TN AR and living with his aunt and uncle, William and Rebecca 'Susie' Ray in Waveland. William is most probably a son of William J. Putman and Malinda Harrison and born right here. I listed him and his family earlier under William James Putman (Sr.), a son of William Putman and Alla Bridges of Washington County, Arkansas. They might or might not be brothers and connected to William James Putman of Washington County. I do not know the exact connection, but they are only young teenagers, obviously orphaned and living with relatives. In 1900 they are both still in the county and married.

I have run across a descendant of Joseph H. Putman, but while she can bring me forward, cannot help in the other direction. Based on census reports and the info from her, I can kinda piece out the line of Joseph Putman. Here is also a photo of Joseph, Missouri and some kids. Based on the ages in the census reports, this photo was taken in 1909 or 1910.

Go to my website www.BillPutman.com There is a photo of them and more info on the kids.

It's http://www.billputman.com/ARother.pdf

Anything you can add will be appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mark Putnam 11 Nov 2009 5:22AM GMT 
Mark Putnam 11 Nov 2009 5:32AM GMT 
manru101 11 Nov 2009 4:02PM GMT 
Bill Putman 11 Nov 2009 7:16PM GMT 
manru101 12 Nov 2009 1:49AM GMT 
Mark Putnam 12 Nov 2009 2:23AM GMT 
Bill Putman 12 Nov 2009 1:58PM GMT 
Mark Putnam 12 Nov 2009 2:34AM GMT 
Bill Putman 12 Nov 2009 11:14AM GMT 
manru101 13 Nov 2009 4:22AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions