Search for content in message boards

The Putman [Pootman] Family and the De Plater Family in Europe

Replies: 5

Re: The Putman [Pootman] Family and the De Plater Family in Europe

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 5:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Broehl, Poit, Poot, Heimsaeer, Hoelings, Notte, Schmalen
Sorry, I cannot help. You are about a century before where I am in researching the Hemmerde area currently

I did a Hemmerde search and you are one of the few people that have ever posted on any board for this village. You seemed to be struggling between two surnames - which for this area, they could be one in the same family. (You mentioned both Broehl & Poit/Poot in the Hemmerde area.)

I can imagine there may be some migration between the Hemmerde and Nederhemert - trade, military, pilgrimage. I would guess that the importance of the cities' original names would matter depending on when the migration happened. As you mentioned, there are several cities which are traced to 'Ford Gathering' and thus might be a coincidence at a later date.

The church records seem to start about 1730 so any advice how to get back any further? The Hemsaeer's were from a very small village Siddinghausen - most searches of this name go to Siddinghausen in Bueren. The Hoelings are in Flierich and Hemmerde and assumed the Himplaesser estate/name. Nott/Notte seem to be in Flierich and he assumed the Tapprogge farm/estate/name. Schmalen was born in 1735 in Hemmerde.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mark Putnam 18 Mar 2010 7:50PM GMT 
Mark Putnam 18 Mar 2010 8:14PM GMT 
Mark Putnam 4 Oct 2010 12:36AM GMT 
gwk404 23 Jul 2013 3:29AM GMT 
Mark Putnam 24 Jul 2013 5:56PM GMT 
gwk404 26 Jul 2013 11:19PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic