Search for content in message boards

James Radford VA ETC. ETC

Replies: 40

Re: James Radford - Franklin County Va and george

bernie radfordc (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 2003 12:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Yep: There is an older Radford cemetary. It is in the woods, "not far" from the presently active cemetary. I have nbot been there, but my aunt, Ruth Hale, got directions and we were going to find it. Unfortuantely, Ruth died. I was told about the more ancient cemetary by men who were place tomb stones in the Vest cemetary. Others have confirmed its existence. It is where James Tazewell Radford, father of Robert, Lewis, Joshua, Sanuel, and George was buried, along with his wife. Probably some of his children are also there. I hope that there might be some vital clues there that would break the log jam of how to get back to the previous generation. The older cemetary is grown over, and I do not know about the legibility of the inscriptions.
I told a current Franklin County resident, who is interested in radford genealogy about the cemetary. She and her husband's families use to own much of the land around that cemetary. She was excited, and said that she would go looking for it next spring, if not before. Her name is Jean Boyd. I contacted her through the Ancestry message board.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sandy jean 5 Jul 2003 1:11AM GMT 
bernard radfo... 4 Dec 2003 3:51AM GMT 
sandra jean boyd 4 Dec 2003 4:09PM GMT 
radford, bernie 4 Dec 2003 4:32PM GMT 
DebbieGS 5 Dec 2003 6:57PM GMT 
bernie radfordc 5 Dec 2003 7:47PM GMT 
Debbie 6 Dec 2003 4:01AM GMT 
sandra boyd 6 Dec 2003 12:46PM GMT 
Debbie 7 Dec 2003 8:06PM GMT 
bernard radfo... 15 Sep 2004 3:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions