Search for content in message boards

War Memorial at Cheslyn Hay, Staffordshire with names Frank, Percy & Harry W Rainbow

Replies: 0

War Memorial at Cheslyn Hay, Staffordshire with names Frank, Percy & Harry W Rainbow

Posted: 21 Apr 2014 7:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rainbow
I am a Military Researcher at Cheslyn Hay Local History Society (www.cheslynhay.info) and I am interested in the Rainbow connection on our War Memorial 1914-18. We are trying to locate any relatives of the soldiers on the Memorial for the centenary commemorations.
From the research I have done I believe that all three are the sons of Charles and Elizabeth(Betsy) Rainbow who lived at 74 Stanley Street in Leicester in 1891.
The village (Cheslyn Hay) Electoral Rolls shows a Charles Rainbow living in Rosemary Rd C. Hay in 1921 when the Memorial was erected.He was a Pit Stationary Engine Driver. But he does not remain long and by 1923 has gone from the rolls. If anyone has any records of this family ,could they please contact me so that I can update our records.
TIA
Bob Brevitt

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions