Search for content in message boards

George W Raley/Raleigh ALA

Replies: 1

George W Raley/Raleigh ALA

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 9:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Raley, Raleigh, Riley, Barnes, Ward
I have the following deed & need help identifying 2 people in the deed.
- who is GEORGE W RALEY b abt 1782?
- who is JOEL BARNES b abt 1790

This deed mentions "George Riley Ward" ... I know who this is...he's my 1st cousin 5x removed
This deed mentions "Meshach Ward" ... I know who this is. I also know that Meshach Ward married Hannah Raley (George W's dau). Meshack was my 4th gr Uncle.

In 1850 G W Raleigh is in Barbour County ALA w/wife Elizabeth. If you know who he is, PLEEEZE write me.

Here is the deed. Any help greatly appreciated:

14 Feb 1838 Henry County Deed Book A pg 311
Know all men by these presents that I GEORGE W RALEY of the county & state aforesaid for the "inconsideration" of 1 dollar in hand paid the receipt is hereby acknowledged and for further consideration of the love and affection I have and bear unto GEORGE RILEY WARD son and issue of MESHACH WARD do hereby give, grant, sell & deliver unto JOEL BARNES in trust for the said George Riley Ward five head of cattle, and their increase "of" the following mark and brand a crop in the right ear and an underbit in the left ear branded L L to have and to hold said cattle to him in said JOEL BARNES in trust as aforesaid. I the said GEORGE W RALEY for my heirs and assigns hereby warrant and will forever defend the right and title in and to said cattle unto said Joel Barnes in trust in aforesaid and against the claims of all persons whatsoever. In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 9th day of January 1838. .... signed George Raley
thanks,
Melanie Ward
4th gr-niece of Meshack Ward ref'd in this deed

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
alaskabluebir... 17 Apr 2012 3:40AM GMT 
ThisIsOurStor... 8 Apr 2013 8:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions