Search for content in message boards

Todd Randall b. 1830, Jefferson County, NY

Replies: 5

Todd Randall b. 1830, Jefferson County, NY

Posted: 6 Nov 2006 9:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Randall
Hello! I'm trying to find information on my great-great grandfather, Todd Randall. I'm particularly looking for information on his parents and any siblings he may have had.
Here is what I know so far:
He was born 25 Jan 1830 in Jefferson County, NY. He stated in a court document that he was born about 5 miles from Watertown, NY, and that his family moved to Ohio, near Cleveland, when he was about 5 years old. About 3 years later they moved to Cairo, then on to Randolf, Clay County, Missouri around 1839-1840.
He left home and headed west around age 17 (about 1847). He was a teamster in Ft. Laramie for a time, and went to California in 1949 during the Gold Rush, returning the following year. He was married in 1852, and worked as an Indian Agent, bootlegger, stage coach station agent, and cattle rancher. We're not sure of his wife's identity, in our family tree she is "Emma," and may have been Bright Bead, a daughter of Sioux Chief Spotted Tail, or another source says she was the sister of a warrior. Either way, we know she was Sioux.
Todd & Emma had at least 9 kids (one source I've found says 10, but I only have names for 9). Todd died 20 May 1898, in Gordon, NE.
As you can see, we have a pretty good picture of his life. However, I've been able to find NOTHING of his parents or any siblings. I also don't have much on his descendants beyond my own great-grandfather, William Randall.
If you have any information or ideas on where to look, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you!
Kaiti
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Katherine Tri... 7 Nov 2006 4:35AM GMT 
Katherine Tri... 25 Sep 2008 11:18PM GMT 
Katherine Tri... 27 May 2009 12:49AM GMT 
CinSueDu 21 Sep 2012 12:51AM GMT 
Katherine Tri... 9 Feb 2013 7:05AM GMT 
swiftjade2 26 Jan 2013 10:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic