Search for content in message boards

Randolphs of Virginia

Replies: 0

Randolphs of Virginia

Posted: 21 Jun 2011 1:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jun 2011 1:03PM GMT
I am working from the book The Randolphs of Virgina and the grave site of Gov Edmund Jennings Randolph at Millwood VA. I am trying to connect several Randolph families buried around Gov Randolph to Pocahontas and to Chief King Phillip.

I am trying to track down a story that the Native Americans who greeted the Mayflower were with Pocahontas in England.

I am also going by a very old book that Chief Powhatan, the father of Pocahontas, might be related to King Robert Bruce and the St Clairs thus making Pocahontas related to King James Stuart.

All this research is focused around CSA COL John Esten Cooke and General JEB Stuart. The Cookes were said to be part of both the Mayflower and part of Captain John Smith's crew at Jamestown thus connecting the Mayflower to Captain John Smith, Pocahnotas and Jamestown.

Some historians want to say some of the Randolphs buried with well known Randolphs at Millwood VA were unrelated to the Randolphs of Virginia. A common name issue that Randolph is a very common name in Old Virginia as well as Smith.

Find a board about a specific topic