Search for content in message boards

Thomas Jefferson Reed

Replies: 0

Thomas Jefferson Reed

Mike Bell (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 1999 6:58AM GMT
Have just started trying to trace the Bells in the Jackson Purchase area of KY, but the connection to Reed family is easier traced. FYI this set of Reeds link back to Philly,PA and Salisbury, NC Roland and Davidson counties. My connection comes by way of my G G Grandmother who was Margaret Burkhart-Bell (11NOV1848-3APR1901) mar. James C. Bell (25NOV1848-24MAR1905). Her Grandmother was Edith Reed (11OCT1800-23MAR1827) married in NC 2DEC1822 to Isom (Isham) Wallace and later moving to the Paducah, KY area. In the family history Thomas Jefferson Reed organized 3 banks in Paducah ( First Nat'l, City Bank, German-American) and 2 other banks one being in Mayfield,KY. Other Reeds remained in NC and one son is recorded as having started a plantation directly across the river in davidson county from his father in roland county.
If in your search you find any Bells of NC, TN, or KY tied in would appreciate the info. If I can assist you can reach me at mikelbel62@aol.com.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions