Search for content in message boards

Rice, Laura

Replies: 4

Re: Rice, Laura

Posted: 13 Jan 2011 3:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rice, Hack
It has been dificult to discover the ancestry of Laura Rice. Her death certificate and a birth certificate for one of her children both suggest she was born in Conneticut. With this information I searched the 1860 census for that state and discovered only one Laura Rice that was close in age to our Laura. The following is the family of Levi & Mary Ann (Hack) Rice of Granby, Hartford County, Conn. page 34, Family 275:
Levi Rice, 46; Mary Ann, 38; Sheldon, 17; Louis (Lois?), 15; Allan, 11; Mary, 9; Nellie, 7; Jennitte, 5; Hattie, 4; & Laura, 7/12 mos.

Further, from Avon, CT Vital Records we find a marriage for Levi, of Barkhampsted, and Mary Ann on Nov 16, 1842.

Laura & Harrison Shorey had Arthur, Elwood(my wife's grandfather) & Edmond.

Laura & Joseph Swim hadFrederick, Henry & Holland.

I also found this obit for a John Brownlow but I don't know it's for the correct person. Pembroke lost one of its oldest and highly respected residents in the death Tuesday, Feb. 21st, 1939, of John Brownlow, at his home, in his 93rd year. He had been in failing health for some time. He leaves to mourn a widow, and six children. Mrs. Tilley Parker {Ella}, Northampton; Mrs. John Patterson {Ethel}, Newburg; Mrs. Earl Moody, Houlton; Arthur Brownlow, Ludlow, Maine; Allison Brownlow, Redding, Calif.; Zenas, at home; one sister, Mrs. Moses Shaw, Wakefield. His youngest sister, Mrs. Ella J. Eaton, Lakestive, Washington; predeceased him the 4th day of September, 1938. He leaves 25 grandchildren and 25 great-grandchildren. The pallbearers were six grandsons, Charlie, Donald, Douglas, William, Lewis and John Patterson. The funeral was held at Pembroke, on Thursday, the service being conducted by Rev. Mr. Stiles of Jacksonville. The Bugle, Woodstock, NB, Friday, February 24, 1939.

Are you a descendant? contact me directly at: aodhqu[at]gmail.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Gilleasbuig 11 Jun 2009 12:01AM GMT 
pattern241972 13 Jan 2011 4:52AM GMT 
Gilleasbuig 13 Jan 2011 10:04PM GMT 
GramGetz 8 Oct 2011 11:23PM GMT 
ArthurCollier... 9 Oct 2011 2:04AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions