Search for content in message boards

WILLIAM ROBERTSON FAMILY

Replies: 3

Robertsons of Chesterfield, VA

Posted: 27 Oct 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Feb 2002 9:43AM GMT
Surnames: Robertson, Robinson
Hi--I happen to know that a man named Angus "Scottie" Robinson has done exhaustive research on the Jeffrey Robertson family of Chesterfield, VA. Any time you see his name posted to anything you might do well to search it. I have posted a good bit of that family to the Robinson GenForum site though my information is nothing as extensive as what he has done. I think if you will look at the postings of "Sir John Robinson/Tallapoosa, GA" on the GenForum, it will lead to more of his family background. It should be under "Jeffrey Robinson/Robertson" on that Robinson site as well. Jeffrey goes back into early 1700's as well. Sir John is a descendant of Jeffrey--we don't know exactly how he got his nickname. He ran Indian trading posts and maybe the Indians gave him the "Sir John" nickname. Maybe you will find a connection with these Robertsons. If you would like to try to find Angus Robinson, go to US GenWeb to the Georgia, then Carroll County site. He used to have a posting there on queries which had his e-mail address on it. As far as I know, he is still living but would be in late 70's by now, I think. He is what I call the expert on these particular Robertsons.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
marylounapier... 30 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT 
john640 27 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
BarbC612 30 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
john640 31 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic