sorry about the length...
I am descended from that son John whom you asked about. I will try to give you what I have on the siblings in that generation to see if any look like they may be familiar to you or "possible" for you. I must give credit where it is due and thank the wonderful Jean McC. or her hard work. She recently shared her information with me and I am just passing it along. (As with anything, please verify all information yourself for your own records.)
Thank you so very much Jean!
Also, there has been some new DNA work, and another DNA relative has been proven for Luke. It is a person named Rev Manoah Dixson Robinson, born 1808 in SC. See if that helps you any. His info will be at the very bottom.
I will also try to find all the Barnwell Robinsons I can for you. My Dr Wm Robinson had a daughter who married a Brandon whose family may be from Barnwell area, and have been trying to connect those two Brandon Robinson families for a long time. Maybe! here goes...
When looking at the first generation sons, we do not have much information that is definite.
Here is the info I have:
1. Luke ROBINSON was born about 1738. He was was ordered to pay a fine between 1757 and 1759 in Lunenberg County, Virginia. He___ on 16 January 1770 in Anson County, North Carolina. He served in the military on 1 May 1771 in Montgomery County, North Carolina. He was involved in signing a petition in 1787/88 in Marlboro County, South Carolina. He died about 1812 in Marlboro County, South Carolina. He signed a will on 7 September 1812 in Bennettsville, Marlboro County, South Carolina.
He was married to Christian USSERY (daughter of William Thomas USSERY and Sarah BAYES) about 1756. Christian USSERY died between 1781 and 1783 in Richmond County or Montgomery County, North Carolina. Luke ROBINSON and Christian USSERY had the following children:
+2 i. John ROBINSON (born on 6 May 1756). See below
3 ii. William ROBINSON was born about 1755 in North Carolina. NO INFO.
+4 iii. Christian ROBINSON (female, named after the mother, born about 1775).
+5 iv. Leggett ROBINSON (born in 1779). See below
+7 vi. Obedience ROBINSON.
8 vii. Sally ROBINSON.
+9 viii. Mary ROBINSON.
Luke was married 2nd to Obedience LEGGETT ADAMS between 1784 & 1785 in North Carolina. Luke ROBINSON and Obedience LEGGETT ADAMS had the following children:
10 i. Samuel ROBINSON.
11 ii. Jepthah ROBINSON .
2. John ROBINSON , (Luke-1) was born on 6 May 1756 in North Carolina. He served in the military in 1782 in Chowan County, North Carolina. He recorded a deed on 23 January 1784 in Montgomery County, North Carolina. He died on 9 November 1815 in Jasper Co., Georgia. He signed a will in Jasper County, Georgia. He was married to Lydia BRINN (?) on 30 March 1778 in Chowan Co., NC. Lydia BRINN (?) was born about 1764. She died on 29 June 1844 in Jasper Co., Georgia. John ROBINSON and Lydia BRINN (?) had the following children:
+12 i. Christian ROBINSON (female, born in 1779).
+13 ii. Luke Jesse ROBINSON (born on 22 June 1781).
+14 iii. Lucy ROBINSON (born in 1782).
+15 iv. William ROBINSON .
+16 v. John ROBINSON Jr. (born on 10 April 1786).
17 vi. Jesse Jones ROBINSON.
+18 vii. Lydia ROBINSON (born in 1790).
+19 viii. Martha ROBINSON (born on 24 May 1793).
+20 ix. Angelina ROBINSON.
13. Luke Jesse ROBINSON (John-2, Luke-1) was born on 22 June 1781.
Luke Jesse ROBINSON and Matilda FALKNER had the following children:
47 i. Jesse Independence ROBINSON was born on 4 July 1833. He died in 1892 in Monroe, Walton County, Georgia.
48 ii. Avenza M ROBINSON.
49 iii. John M ROBINSON was born in 1831.
50 iv. Luke J ROBINSON Jr.
51 v. Sarah ROBINSON.
52 vi. Lydia ROBINSON.
53 vii. Mary ROBINSON.
54 viii. Thomas David ROBINSON was born in 1840 in Newton County, Georgia. He died on 25 January 1863 in Cobb County, Georgia.
55 ix. Martha ROBINSON.
56 x. Charlotte ROBINSON.
15. William ROBINSON (John-2, Luke-1). ?????? No info.
My guy, John Jr.:
16. John ROBINSON Jr. (John-2, Luke-1) was born on 10 April 1786 in Richmond County, NC. He signed a will on 11 January 1854 in Jasper County, Georgia. He died on 14 June 1857. He was buried in Robinson cemetery 6 miles north of Monticello, Jasper County, Georgia.
He was married to Mary KNOX on 6 July 1813 in Jasper Co. Georgia. Mary KNOX was born on 25 January 1785. John ROBINSON Jr. and Mary KNOX had the following children:
69 i. James C. ROBINSON.
70 ii. John L. ROBINSON .
71 iii. Martha Anne ROBINSON.
+72 iv. William C ROBINSON (born on 24 July 1824).
BACK TO SECOND GENERATION-----
5. Leggett ROBINSON (Luke-1) was born in 1779. He died on 14 January 1851 in Chambers County, Alabama.
Elizabeth BENNETT was born about 1790 in North Carolina. Leggett ROBINSON and Elizabeth BENNETT had the following children:
32 i. Obedience ROBINSON.
33 ii. Elizabeth ROBINSON.
34 iii. Lucinda ROBINSON .
35 iv. Jeptha ROBINSON. No info
36 v. Sarah ROBINSON.
37 vi. Toddy ROBINSON. No info
+38 vii. Samuel Leggett ROBINSON (born in 1823).
+39 viii. Maston Crawford ROBINSON (born on 14 November 1824).
Descendants of Rev. Manoah Dixon Robison (1808 to 14 Mar 1868) and
his wife Mary Caroline Sammon (1807 to 08 Dec 1872) http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=johnrob...
Rev. Manoah Dixon Robison (b: 1808 in SC d: 14 Mar 1868 in Carroll Co., GA) who married Mary Caroline Sammon (b: 1807 in SC d: 08 Dec 1872 in Carroll Co., GA)
was the father of
John Dixon Howell Robison (b: 14 Sep 1832 in Coweta Co., GA d: 08 Dec 1910 in Carroll Co., GA) who married Catherine Jane Johnson (b: 10 Jul 1836 in Carroll Co., GA d: 27 Aug 1896 in Carroll Co., GA) on 20 Oct 1850 in Carroll Co., GA
John Dixon Howell Robinson was the father of
Jefferson Davis Robison (b: 28 Apr 1861 in Randolph Co., AL d: 15 Oct 1947 in Carroll Co., GA) who married Margaret Louisa Robinson (b: 16 Aug 1859 in Carroll Co., GA d: 30 Jan 1944 in Carroll Co., GA) on 05 Aug 1880 in Carroll Co., GA
(These descendants eventually ended up in MA and in GA. )
Hope that helps you.