Search for content in message boards

ROLFE, CARTER, CLARK, TIBBETS, CARRISON, from METHWOLD CRANWICH NORFOLK CO. ENGLAND >MI>WI>IA

Replies: 4

Re: Rolfe Surname - Wisconsin

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 5:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rolfe/Varley -- Waukesha, WI
Hi Janet, I just read your post of 2008, and although it's been 4 years ago, I hope you're still interested in this family history. First, the sad news, 'Uncle Ralph' passed away in November 2011 at age 98, he would have been 100 this year. Being his niece, I spent much time with him after his wife passed away abt 15 years ago. He and I shared the love of family history and spent many hours together going over old family pictures and letters.
His family left Waukesha in the late 20's when he was a teenager, but he vividly remembered his relatives there and many early family events and stories and passed them on to me. Ralph's mother Mabel Grace Rolfe was the youngest of 13 children of Michael and Ann Mary Rolfe.

I also remember how excited my mother Mabel was when her 'Cousin' Alice came to our house in the mid 1950's. I think she may have made the trip down with 'Aunt Gertie'.

Another cousin, 'Mary Sue'remembers that visit and she's also interested in this family history and has contributed and shared her records. She and my brother were caregivers to Uncle Ralph in his last days. I am sure she would be overjoyed to hear of this connection to you.

Well, I could go on and on but it probably is better to wait for your reply.

With Best Regards, Genie Ryan

P.S. Will be happy to share any and all info I have, let me know what you need.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kjp2u 29 Jan 2001 7:37PM GMT 
Ralph Salter 30 Jan 2001 7:11PM GMT 
kjp2u 30 Jan 2001 8:01PM GMT 
janetpingel 12 Oct 2008 2:32AM GMT 
Genestrees43 31 Jan 2013 12:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions