Search for content in message boards

Chief John Ross' Decendants

Replies: 74

Re: Desendants of Chief John Ross

anita stockburger (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2005 1:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ward Chronister Kranester
I probabally will sign up for the genealogy course. My husband descends from a John Eberhard Ream who came to the present site of Reamstown, Pa. two of his children became Moravian and there were many records on the Ream Family, but they were down in Winston Salem at the Southern Moravian Archives. My husband heard from the Moravian Archivist that the Ream Records she was sending him had been searched for meny years by the Reams in Pa. Many Reams had gone into the Oklahome and Vinnie Ream Hoxie had the town of Venita Oklahome named for her. Vlnnie has several statues standing in the capital and other places in Washington. I heard Vinnie was of Indian ancestry abnd wrote the President of the Ream Family Association. I receivied a whole stack of information om seeking Indian ancestry and in this material the same thing you said is mentioned. Unless my ancestors came back to the tribe it is impossible to trace them through Indian Recoirds. I am going to try to trace two of my husbands ancestors William Welch who married Eva Chronister and just by accident I am told a descendant with tribal connections wrote a relative saying William Welch and Eva Chronister were of Indian descent. Chronister was originally Keanester and Don Yoder is a Kranester descendant Don is a college professor up in the dutch Country and his kin goes back to the Oley Vallley of Berks County Pa where my husbands Leinbach line came too. Hos information goes back into Bavaria and Austria. William Welch and Eva Chronister were in North Carolina. I certainly appreciate your help. You asked why my daighter and I could not perfect our line. We did Ok on Hancock, my maiden line. On the Hancock Project Worldwide we descend from the first William who came to Jamestown and can just go to my name and then punch the mnake line and go bsack to William. On our Ward line we have merely a tintype ( a photo made on tin in Visksberg about a860 and family tradition and it has been difficult. Anita Stockburger
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Anita Stockburger 6 Jun 2005 2:10PM GMT 
Terrianne Stj... 4 Jul 2005 5:11AM GMT 
Anita Stockburger 6 Jul 2005 5:09AM GMT 
Terrianne Stj... 7 Jul 2005 2:17AM GMT 
Anita Stockburger 7 Jul 2005 3:43AM GMT 
Madelyn Smoak 7 Jul 2005 4:50PM GMT 
tennasalas 7 Oct 2010 3:35AM GMT 
donnajeanneru... 30 Dec 2012 4:06AM GMT 
jay notmyrealname 2 Jun 2005 4:55PM GMT 
anita stockburger 12 Jun 2005 7:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions