Search for content in message boards

Mrs. Martin Ryerson of Warwick, NY

Replies: 1

Mrs. Martin Ryerson of Warwick, NY

Martin George Ryerson (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ryerson
I have a newspaper clipping with no date. This is about my great grandmother. I deduce the date of the news article to be June, 1939.

"Mrs. Martin Ryerson of 92 Main St., will celebrate her eighty-eighth birthday Friday, June 16th. It is a pleasure to call on Mrs. Ryerson. Seated in an easy chair, her fingers are busy with a bit of patchwork. Newspapers and magazines are near at hand and the radio is within reach because her mind is keen and active and she is interested in all that is happening especially in all the doings of the Roosevelt family. An only granddaughter of a cousin with whom Mrs. Ryerson spent her girlhood and whose relationship was as close as a sister's is the wife of Elliott Roosevelt.

"Mrs. Ryerson was born in Burlington, Iowa, June 16, 1851. She graduated from Burlington High School, June 17, 1870, and was married on June 17, 1885, so this June week is quite a memorable one to her. Mrs. Ryerson came to Warwick in 1899, a year after the Spanish war."

My Grandfather's name was Martin C. Ryerson. He lived at the end of his life in Newark, NJ.

A maiden aunt, Edna Ryerson, lived on Main St. in Warwick until 1958, then moved to another house in Warwick. She died about 1963 or 1964.

My father was Martin George Ryerson. He died in Manassas, VA in 1971. He had a brother Charles and a sister Mary, both living, I believe.

I have one brother, Marshall Gregory, born in Madrid, Spain, 1954.

I was born in Clovis, NM, in 1945.

I just happened on this site while surfing the web. I never got into genealogy much, but it would be interesting if anyone could connect to this information.

Thanks.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Martin George Ryerson 1 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
rvele50 6 Feb 2012 2:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions