Search for content in message boards

Allen Sanders b 1803 NC migrated to Bibb, Greene Counties Alabama children are listed.

Replies: 39

Re: Allen Sanders b 1803 NC migrated to Bibb, Greene Counties Alabama children are listed.

Josephine Sanders Sparks (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2004 5:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sanders, Henderson,Taylor, Hawkins, Coker, Gary, Putnam,Tony, Morris,Blackwell
Hello Jim. Thanks for responding. I did think James and Rev Moses might have been brothers, because so many of the children have similar names the children, and the ages are close. I calculated James based on the birth year of my Moses. I gave 1776, but a cousin said 1778. In 1830, Rutherford Co, Moses was listed between ages 50-60. so it could have gone both ways. I found James in 1790-1800, but there was no indicator of age info at the top of the census, so I assumed he would probably be in the year range of 1750-60. He could have been older. Men were having sons in their late 40's back then.
I know, those Aarons, Moses, James men in Montgomery Co will "drive the best of them up the wall" !!! It is almost impossible to sort them out.
I made a mistake on Joel. He was not the son of my Moses, My other gggg William Henderson (!774 VA)from Rutherford had a son Joel. Sorry.
I did, however, find by searching records that my Moses' daughter was Rosanna, not Polly Anna as given by an older relative. She married David Putnam in Cleveland Co. Sister Mary married Willis Putnam, brother. Another sister Susan married Robert Putnam.
I feel Jeffrey, Allen, Wade Hill, Moses, and James have significant value. They seem to continue to be in our family from the beginnings, that I have knowledge of. Maybe Wade Hill was a grandfather ? Maybe James' wife was a Hill?
I did see on line where Frances Garrett Hughes applied to the DAR through Rev Moses, but like you, I have not found him in any book for Ga or NC Rev patriots. Maybe he went by another name.
I do think the William Henry Sanders (b 1789 NC) who migrated to Ga was a brother of Moses because he too had a son Wade Hill had a son Greenberry.
Someone in the message boards said they had evidence William Henry Sanders was from the Vernon Sanders line from England. I do not have a Vernon in my data.
A few years ago someone told me that they thought the father of my Moses was Aaron, but I told them if I did not have the handwritten document of Moses 'son Greenberry, I might think about that.
As I said, we have so many twins in my Sanders line and I think the Moses/Aaron line did, also.
Thanks for all your help. Jo
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
josparks70 17 May 2004 7:20PM GMT 
jsanders45 18 May 2004 4:58PM GMT 
Josephine Sanders Sparks 18 May 2004 5:54PM GMT 
jsanders45 19 May 2004 3:12AM GMT 
josephine Saprks 19 May 2004 3:31AM GMT 
josparks70 2 Jun 2004 10:55PM GMT 
jim sanders 3 Jun 2004 4:45PM GMT 
Josephine Sanders Sparks 3 Jun 2004 5:32PM GMT 
jim sanders 6 Jun 2004 12:37AM GMT 
Josephine Sanders Sparks 6 Jun 2004 11:29AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions