Search for content in message boards

Allen Sanders b 1803 NC migrated to Bibb, Greene Counties Alabama children are listed.

Replies: 39

Re: Allen Sanders b 1803 NC migrated to Bibb, Greene Counties Alabama children are listed.

Josephine Sanders Sparks (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2004 11:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sanders, Henderson,Taylor, Hawkins, Coker, Gary, Putnam,Tony, Morris,Blackwell
Thanks so much for all the information. I will print it out and go through it. I do believe my James was born in the neighborhood of 1755-60. I wondered if he could possibly be the brother to Rev Moses.I do think the Jeffrey Sanders you mentioned is a key to this puzzle because my Moses (b 1778-79) named his second son Jeffrey. His first son was James Wesley. In the 1790 census for Montgomery Co, all the following are living near each other: James, Joshua, Jeffrey, Jacob and another James, I think they are all connected somehow.
My Moses had sons: David, Joel, Moses, so did the Rev Moses. I found somewhere Rev Moses had a first born son James. I have read the will, too and James is not mentioned, but the children of deceased Aaron seem to match the children I have of James. I had heard somewhere that there was a Moses Sanders living in Montgomery Co who was born in the 1730's. I do not know this as fact. Someone sent this info a few years ago. Someone also sent me information that James had a sister Sallie who married David Poer in Montgomery Co and Sallie was the daughter of Moses. Someone sent me info that my Moses was married before Priscilla Coker (b 1786) and had a son John Sanders in SC before 1800. This could well be true, because Priscilla Coker's family was from Laurens Co SC and Moses was a good bit older than Priscilla. My handwritten document does state James was born in Scotland and was Scottish but a (? ) is after it. If he was from Scotland he would have come to America before 1778 because the document states Moses was born in Montgomery Co NC. Thanks for all your valuable time and sharing of data. Jo
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
josparks70 17 May 2004 7:20PM GMT 
jsanders45 18 May 2004 4:58PM GMT 
Josephine Sanders Sparks 18 May 2004 5:54PM GMT 
jsanders45 19 May 2004 3:12AM GMT 
josephine Saprks 19 May 2004 3:31AM GMT 
josparks70 2 Jun 2004 10:55PM GMT 
jim sanders 3 Jun 2004 4:45PM GMT 
Josephine Sanders Sparks 3 Jun 2004 5:32PM GMT 
jim sanders 6 Jun 2004 12:37AM GMT 
Josephine Sanders Sparks 6 Jun 2004 11:29AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions