Search for content in message boards

Possible Parents of Elias "Plummer" Sanders [1775-1865] (h/o Mary Carter)

Replies: 46

Re: Moses & Mary Sarah Hamilton

Posted: 20 Nov 2009 4:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
REV. MOSES SR.1 SANDERS was born Abt. 1742 in Downton, Wiltshire, England, and died 29 Mar 1817 in Goves Level, Franklin County, Georgia, USA. He married MARY SARAH HAMILTON Abt. 1764 in Goves Level, Franklin County, Georgia, USA. She was born Abt. 1745 in Goves Level, Franklin County, Georgia, USA, and died Abt. 1816 in Greenbrier County, Virginia, USA.
Notes for REV. MOSES SR. SANDERS:
Copied from ancestery.com = Hi- My name is Bill (Saunders) Curry. I too am a descendant of Moses Martin Sanders as well. Feel free to contact me at BillCurryCMP@yahoo.com; David's parents are Moses Sanders and Mary Hamilton and here is their story: Burial: Groves Level, Franklin County, Georgia.
Family Data Collection - Births Record: Saunders, Moses, Father: Saunders, John, Mother: Nimrod, Catherine, Birth Date: 1734, State: VA, Country: USA
The Reverend Moses Sanders was a well-known Baptist preacher in the last decades of the eighteenth century who was instrumental in founding several Baptist churches in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia, including Grove Level Baptist Church in Franklin (now Banks) County, Georgia. In 1902 a great-grandson, Christopher Columbus Sanders, with the help of other descendants, funded a cemetery marker for the Reverend Sanders on the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Grove Level Church. The tombstone has the following inscription:
Rev. Moses Sanders, Born 1742, Died 1817, Founder of Grove Level, Nails Creek and many other Baptist Churches. A soldier of the Revolutionary War, The Cross of Jesus Christ My Anchor.
MOSES SANDERS Sr. North Carolina Militia. Born 1742,. Served as a private in the Iredell County Regiment, NC Militia. Moved to that part of Franklin County. which became part of Banks County, Georgia. Married Sarah ("Sally") Hamilton in Virginia. He is buried near Groves Level Baptist Church Cemetery in Banks County, Georgia.
Franklin County, 1906-1909. A crew constructing the Nails Creek Baptist Church which was finished in 1909. Members of the congregation made the bricks and erected the building. The old wooden structure is located to the left. The church is located on Georgia Highway 51 in the western part of the county. It was possibly the first church in this area of Georgia and was established in 1787.
Franklin County, 1909. Members are gathered in front of the Nails Creek Baptist Church just after completion. The old wooden structure is located to the left in the background. A trough nailed to a tree and a buggy can be seen also. The church is located on Georgia Highway 51 in the western part of the county. It was possibly the first church in this area of Georgia and was established in 1787.
Franklin County, summer 1909. Baptismal service of the Nails Creek Baptist Church located on Georgia Highway 51 in the western part of the county. The congregation can be seen here gathered around Ariail's fish pond. The church was established in 1787 and was possibly the first church in this part of the state
[Source]: Early Settlers of Banks County Georgia by Barbara LeFevre, Moses Sanders. Constructed a Log missionary in the early 1770's and in the year 1787 became the first pastor of Nails Creek Baptist Church. The old Federal Road which ran off old Cherokee grounds as in the 1805 Treaty of Tellico, Tennessee, the Cherokees themselves authorized this road which begins in Chattanooga, Tenn and runs to Flowery Branch to Augusta. It was called the Federal road because it was a mail route. Communities along this road were Mt. Pleasant.,Walnut Hills, Jewelsville and Nails Creek named for Joe Nails who ran a trading post.
Nails Creek Baptist Church was established on 11th February 1787.The marker lists Rev Moses Sanders .page 141 In the minutes of Grove Level Church May 1802 stated that the following members of the arm of Nails Creek Baptist Church met at Grove Level Meeting house and were Constituted a Church .( To be called Grove Level Baptist Church) by a presbytery composed of Moses Sandrers Sr. , John Doss, William Denman and Thomas Maxwell . choose Moses Sandrers Sr as our supply. The names of 62 members included Richard Mauldin, ( who married Nancy Sanders daughter of Moses born 1778), SILAS (ELIAS) Sanders, David Sanders (who married Mary Allred) Francis Sanders ( who may be the brother to Moses),Sally Sanders and Polly Sanders.
Abstracted from the NailsCreek Baptist Church records. Rev Moses served in the Continental Army under General George Washington and bore a number of scars from Bayonet Wounds., Taken from the History of Nails Creek Baptist Church. One source said he got the scars in a bayonet fight with a British soldier and the " Brit" lost.< not confirmed>
Will of Moses Sanders dated 28 th Feburary 1817 in Franklin County ( Groves Level later Banks County ) Georgia:
"In the name of God, amen" I Moses Sanders Sr of the state aforesaid and County Of Franklin,being of sound and disposing mind and Memory, and calling to mind that it is once appointed for all men to die. I constitute and make this my last will and testament, hereby revoking all other former wills and testaments made or intended to be made.
Firstly I will that all my debts as shall by me owing at my death together, with all changes touching the proving of or otherwise concerning this my will shall in the first place be paid out of my personal estate and effects. From and after payment thereof and subject thereunto this my will is that all the residue of my estate of every description, shall be appraised except the part I hereafter lend my wife. after such appraisement made that the same be divided as follows.
I will that my lands shall be divided into four equal parts, except that I am now about to give and have deeded to away with a small bit of land to my son, John Sanders adjoining the place where I now live beginning at Buch Corner at the mouth of the branch thence to the branch where my ( undeciperable) forms the branch, thence up the branch to the old line, thence along old line to the other branch.
One hundred acres I give Nancy Jones and Joel Sanders across the upper end of the Four hundred acre tract of land granted to myself adjoining the Aldreds (Allred) old cabin, and the rest of my property of all description whatever I wish divided int five equal Parts to wit.
I give unto my son Moses Sanders Jr one fourth part of my land and one fifth part of the residue of my estate.
I give unto my son John Sanders forty dollars, and one fourth part of my land and one fifth part of the residue of my estate.
Item, I give to my son Aaron Sanders two dollors for his porton of my estate. Aron (Aaron) Sanders children Nancy Jones , Joel, Moses, Nathanield, Daniel, Polley and Salley Sanders one fourth part of my land and one fifth part of the residue of my Estate and also give unto them one Negro girl and the increase of any , that I lent to my son Aron Sanders during his life by the name of Barsheba.
I give unto my grandchildren of David Sanders, deceased, namely To wit Martin , Hambleton (William Hamilton),Sally, Nancy and David , one Negro named Buck which I lent my son David, deceased. One fourth part of my land and one fifth part of my residue of my estate to be equally divided between them.
I give unto my Daughter Sally Hooper two dollars.
I give unto my grandchildren of Sally Hooper namely to wit William Sanders, Obadia, Betsy Carter, Miley and James Hooper, two Negoes Lewis and Hannah which negroes I before lent to my daughtere Sally Hooper and one fifth part of the residue of my estate, except the land to to be equally divided also twenty dollars cash. ( Sarah B. or Sally married Obediah Hooper 24 th March 1805, Obediah was son of Obediah Hooper Sr, both fought in the Rev War.)
I give unto Richard Maulden two dollars. ( who married Nancy in abt 1800 born 1778 died about 1808)
I lend unto my wife Mary Sanders during her life the land whereon I now live and three Negroes, Dinah, Rachel and Fann, four cows and calves , two horses, two sows and pigs, two feather beds and Furniture. All my household and Kitchen furniture .My plantation, working tools and a sufficient support for her for one year after my death to be levied out of my estate,
After my wifes death my will is for all the property I have lent her to to be equally divided in five parts, except the land my son John Sanders is to have, and my son Moses Sanders is to have one fifth part and my grandchildren heretofore mentioned of Aron Sanders to have one fifth part, to be equally divided between them.
My express will is that I ordain and appoint my sons Moses Sanders and John Sanders my sole executors of this my last Will and Testament.
Given under my hand and Seal this 28th day of Febuary in the year of our Lord 1817.
witnesses present: John Bush, William Legg and John Baugh Justice of the Peace
Signed Moses Sanders his mark
Note: The comments in ( ) are mine and do not appear in the original will.
More About MOSES SANDERS and MARY HAMILTON:
Marriage: Abt. 1764, Goves Level, Franklin County, Georgia, USA
Children of MOSES SANDERS and MARY HAMILTON are:
2. i. MOSES JR.2 SANDERS, b. Abt. 1766, Virginia, USA; d. 12 Jan 1847, Jackson County, Georgia, USA.
3. ii. REV. AARON SANDERS, b. Abt. 1769, Virginia, USA; d. Aft. 1850, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
iii. JOHN SANDERS, b. Abt. 1771, Georgia, USA.
iv. SARAH B. SANDERS, b. 15 May 1773, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
v. DAVID SANDERS, b. Abt. 1775, North Carolina, USA.
vi. NANCY SANDERS, b. Abt. 1778, North Carolina, USA.
vii. AMOS SANDERS, b. Abt. 1783, North Carolina, USA.
Generation No. 2
2. MOSES JR.2 SANDERS (MOSES SR.1) was born Abt. 1766 in Virginia, USA, and died 12 Jan 1847 in Jackson County, Georgia, USA. He married MARY ELIZABETH HARRIS 12 Jun 1789 in Wickes County, North Carolina, USA. She was born Abt. 1770 in Fishing Creek, Wilkes County, North Carolina, USA, and died Abt. 1845 in Homer, Militia District 6, Banks County, Georgia, USA.
More About MOSES SANDERS and MARY HARRIS:
Marriage: 12 Jun 1789, Wickes County, North Carolina, USA
Children of MOSES SANDERS and MARY HARRIS are:
i. ELIZABETH3 SANDERS, b. Abt. 1790, Laurens County, South Carolina, USA; d. Abt. 1820, Laurens County, South Carolina, USA; m. JEREMIAH BELL, Abt. 1806, Laurens County, South Carolina, USA; b. Abt. 1778, Laurens County, South Carolina, USA; d. 09 Feb 1856, Laurens County, South Carolina, USA.
More About JEREMIAH BELL and ELIZABETH SANDERS:
Marriage: Abt. 1806, Laurens County, South Carolina, USA
ii. JOHN HARRIS SANDERS, b. Abt. 1792, Laurens County, South Carolina, USA.
iii. POLLY SANDERS, b. Abt. 1793, Laurens County, South Carolina, USA.
4. iv. MINYARD SANDERS, b. Abt. 1795, Laurens County, South Carolina, USA; d. Aft. 1870, Bushville, Banks County, Georgia, USA.
v. MARTHA SANDERS, b. Abt. 1797, Laurens County, South Carolina, USA.
vi. SARAH RUTH SANDERS, b. Abt. 1801, Laurens County, South Carolina, USA.
vii. STEPHEN SANDERS, b. Abt. 1805, Laurens County, South Carolina, USA; d. Nails Creek, Banks County, Georgia, USA.
Notes for STEPHEN SANDERS:
Sephen Sanders, (26 September) 1850 United States Federal Census, Gender: Male, Age: 45, Estimated birth year: abt 1805, Birth Place: South Carolina, Occupation: Farmer, Value of Real Estate: $1,600.00, Home in 1850 (City,County,State): District 32, Franklin, Georgia, Family Number: 493, Household Members: Name Age: Sephen Sanders 45. [Page 69 of 218, Line 42-3-3]
viii. NANCY SANDERS, b. Abt. 1808, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA; d. 12 Feb 1808, Chattooga County, Georgia, USA.
Notes for NANCY SANDERS:
Nancy Sanders was born about 1808. She was the daughter of Moses Sanders, Jr. and Elizabeth Harris. Her grandfather was Moses Sanders, Sr., who was listed as a Revolutionary War Soldier in the "Roster of Revolutionary Soldiers in Georgia". However, his service in an organized fighting unit has never been able to be verified and the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) no longer accept applications for membership based on Moses Sanders, Sr. Moses was also a Baptist preacher and helped organize several churches in Banks County, Georgia.
Nancy Sanders married Richard Willbanks December 30, 1824 in Jackson County, Georgia. Nancy and Richard had 5 children, Stephen Garrett, John W., Sarah Ann, William Henry, and Nancy Caroline. Richard Willbanks was a preacher.
Nancy Willbanks died February 12, 1887. She is said to be buried with Richard Willbanks in Wilbanks-Bandy Cemetery, Chattooga County, Georgia. Her marker has not been located.
3. REV. AARON2 SANDERS (MOSES SR.1) was born Abt. 1769 in Virginia, USA, and died Aft. 1850 in District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA. He married (1) MARY UNKNOWN Abt. 1789 in South Carolina, USA. She was born Abt. 1771 in Laurens County, South Carolina, USA, and died Bef. 1817 in Nails Creek, Banks County, Georgia, USA. He married (2) MOURNING THOMPSON 14 Feb 1817 in Franklin County, Georgia, USA. She was born 1795 in South Carolina, USA.
Notes for REV. AARON SANDERS:
Franklin County became Georgia's 9th county in 1784 in honor of Ben Franklin. It covered all of what is now Banks, Barrow, Clarke, Jackson, Oconee, and Stephens counties, parts of Gwinnett, Hall, Hart, and Madison counties, as well as three counties in South Carolina. The county seat is Carnesville, Georgia, Cities and towns: Canon -- Carnesville -- Franklin Springs -- Gumlog -- Lavonia - Martin -- Narrows -- Royston
Aaron Sanders, (6 December) 1850 United States Federal Census, Gender: Male, Age: 81, Estimated birth year: abt 1769, Birth Place: Virginia, Occupation: Farmer, Value of Real Estate: $6,500.00, Home in 1850 (City,County,State): District 32, Franklin, Georgia, Family Number: 1542, Household Members: Name Age: Aaron Sanders 81 & Mourning Sanders 55, Children: Jesse F Sanders 21, Lucinda Sanders 15, Caroline Sanders 14, Matthew Sanders 14. [Page 218-Line 18-1542-1542]
More About AARON SANDERS and MARY UNKNOWN:
Marriage: Abt. 1789, South Carolina, USA
More About AARON SANDERS and MOURNING THOMPSON:
Marriage: 14 Feb 1817, Franklin County, Georgia, USA
Children of AARON SANDERS and MARY UNKNOWN are:
5. i. JOEL3 SANDERS, b. Abt. 1790, Laurens County, South Carolina, USA; d. Abt. 1858.
ii. NANCY SANDERS, b. Abt. 1793, Laurens County, South Carolina, USA.
6. iii. MOSES SANDERS, b. 20 Nov 1799, Laurens County, South Carolina, USA; d. 29 Oct 1883, Nails Creek, Banks County, Georgia, USA.
7. iv. DANIEL SAMUEL SANDERS, b. 08 Jan 1805, Franklin County, Georgia, USA; d. 02 Aug 1875, Homer, Militia District 6, Banks County, Georgia, USA.
v. POLLY SANDERS, b. Abt. 1808, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
vi. SARAH SANDERS, b. Abt. 1810, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
8. vii. NATHAN SANDERS, b. 28 Dec 1803, Franklin County, Georgia, USA; d. Abt. 1879, Homer, Militia District 6, Banks County, Georgia, USA.
Children of AARON SANDERS and MOURNING THOMPSON are:
viii. JESSE3 SANDERS, b. 1829, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
ix. LUCINDA SANDERS, b. 1835, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
x. CAROLINE SANDERS, b. 1836, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
xi. MATTHEW SANDERS, b. 1836, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
Generation No. 3
4. MINYARD3 SANDERS (MOSES JR.2, MOSES SR.1) was born Abt. 1795 in Laurens County, South Carolina, USA, and died Aft. 1870 in Bushville, Banks County, Georgia, USA. He married FLORA MELISSA MCDONALD. She was born Abt. 1796 in Georgia, USA, and died Aft. 1870 in Bushville, Banks County, Georgia, USA.
Notes for MINYARD SANDERS:
Miniard Sanders, (26 September) 1850 United States Federal Census, Gender: Male, Age: 55, Estimated Birth Year: abt 1795, Birth Place: South Carolina, Home in 1850 (City,County,State): District 32, Franklin, Georgia, Occupation: Farmer, Value of Real Estate: $8,500.00, Household Members: Name Age: Miniard Sanders 55 & Slora Sanders 54, Moses H Sanders 21, James A Sanders 15, Melissa Sanders 10. [Page 70, Line 1-494-494-68]
Mingaile Sanders, (12 September) 1860 United States Federal Census, Gender: Male, Age in 1860: 64, Birth Year: abt 1796, Birthplace: South Carolina, Occupation: Farmer, Value of real estate: $7,000.00 / $12,165.00, Home in 1860: Militia District 9, Banks, Georgia, Post Office: Nails Creek, Household Members: Name Age: Mingaile Sanders 64 & Flora Sanders 62, Stephen Sanders 56. [Line 35-693-60].
Minjard Sanders, (16 July 1870) United States Federal Census, Race: White, Gender: Male, Age in 1870: 75, Estimated Birth Year: abt 1795, Birthplace: South Carolina, Home in 1870: Bushville, Banks, Georgia, Occupation: Farmer, Value of real estate: $500.00 / $450.00, Post Office: Homer, Household Members: Name Age: Minjard Sanders 75 & Flora Sanders 72. Washington Mintzs 15, Daniel Mintzs 14. [864-770-20-Page 103]
Children of MINYARD SANDERS and FLORA MCDONALD are:
i. MOSES H.4 SANDERS, b. Abt. 1829, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
ii. JAMES A. SANDERS, b. Abt. 1835, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
iii. MELISSA SANDERS, b. 29 Apr 1840, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
5. JOEL3 SANDERS (AARON2, MOSES SR.1) was born Abt. 1790 in Laurens County, South Carolina, USA, and died Abt. 1858. He married ESTHER UNKNOWN. She was born Abt. 1802 in Georgia, USA.
Notes for JOEL SANDERS:
Joel Sanders, (17 October) 1850 United States Federal Census, Gender: Male, Age: 60, Estimated birth year: abt 1790, Birth Place: Georgia, Occupation: Farmer, Value of Real Estate: $500.00, Home in 1850 (City,County,State): District 32, Franklin, Georgia, Family Number: 903, Household Members: Name Age: Joel Sanders 60 & Esther Sanders 48, John D Sanders 28, William Sanders 24.
Children of JOEL SANDERS and ESTHER UNKNOWN are:
i. JOHN D.4 SANDERS, b. 1822, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
ii. WILLIAM SANDERS, b. 1826, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
6. MOSES3 SANDERS (AARON2, MOSES SR.1) was born 20 Nov 1799 in Laurens County, South Carolina, USA, and died 29 Oct 1883 in Nails Creek, Banks County, Georgia, USA. He married UNKNOWN UNKNOWN. She died Bef. 1850 in Banks County, Georgia, USA.
Children of MOSES SANDERS and UNKNOWN UNKNOWN are:
i. MELISSA4 SANDERS, b. Abt. 1828, Banks County, Georgia, USA.
ii. MOSES SANDERS, b. Abt. 1833, Banks County, Georgia, USA.
iii. MARTIN SANDERS, b. Abt. 1835, Banks County, Georgia, USA.
7. DANIEL SAMUEL3 SANDERS (AARON2, MOSES SR.1) was born 08 Jan 1805 in Franklin County, Georgia, USA, and died 02 Aug 1875 in Homer, Militia District 6, Banks County, Georgia, USA. He married ROSETTA MIRUM HILLHOUSE 18 Feb 1830 in Franklin County, Georgia, USA. She was born Abt. 1810 in South Carolina, USA, and died in Homer, Militia District 6, Banks County, Georgia, USA.
Notes for DANIEL SAMUEL SANDERS:
Samuel Sanders, (17 October) 1850 United States Federal Census, Gender: Male, Age: 45, Estimated birth year: abt 1805, Birth Place: Georgia, Occupation: Farmer, Value of Real Estate: $800.00, Home in 1850 (City,County,State): District 32, Franklin, Georgia, Family Number: 905, Household Members: Name Age: Samuel Sanders 45 & Rosetta Sanders 40, Children: Aaron J Sanders 19, Mary A Sanders 17, Martha A Sanders 15, Samuel H Sanders 13, Joel H Sanders 11, Esther Sanders 11, Rosetta Sanders 9, Daniel C Sanders 7, Elijah M Sanders 5, Charity E Sanders 3. [Page 126, Line 11-5-5]
Daniel Sanders, (27 July) 1860 United States Federal Census, Gender: Male, Age in 1860: 55, Birth Year: abt 1805, Birthplace: Georgia, Occupation: Farmer, Value of real estate: $850.00 / $2,293.00, Home in 1860: Militia District 6, Banks, Georgia, Post Office: Homer, Household Members: Name Age: Daniel Sanders 55 & Mirum R Sanders 50, Mary A Sanders 25, Samuel H Sanders 22, Esther A Sanders 20, Rosetta Sanders 17, Daniel C Sanders 13, Elijah M Sanders 11, John W Sanders 9. [Page 4, 450-22]
More About DANIEL SANDERS and ROSETTA HILLHOUSE:
Marriage: 18 Feb 1830, Franklin County, Georgia, USA
Children of DANIEL SANDERS and ROSETTA HILLHOUSE are:
i. AARON JEFFERSON4 SANDERS, b. Abt. 1831, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
ii. MARY A. SANDERS, b. Abt. 1833, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
iii. MARTHA A. SANDERS, b. Abt. 1835, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
iv. SAMUEL SANDERS, b. Abt. 1837, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
v. JOEL H. SANDERS, b. Abt. 1839, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
vi. ESTHER SANDERS, b. Abt. 1839, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
vii. ROSETTA SANDERS, b. Abt. 1841, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
viii. DANIEL SANDERS, b. Abt. 1842, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
ix. ELIJAH SANDERS, b. Abt. 1845, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
x. CHARITY E. SANDERS, b. Abt. 1847, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
xi. JOHN W. SANDERS, b. Abt. 1851, Homer, Militia District 6, Banks County, Georgia, USA.
8. NATHAN3 SANDERS (AARON2, MOSES SR.1) was born 28 Dec 1803 in Franklin County, Georgia, USA, and died Abt. 1879 in Homer, Militia District 6, Banks County, Georgia, USA. He married FRANCES HEADEN Abt. 1830 in Franklin County, Georgia, USA. She was born Abt. 1806 in Georgia, USA, and died in Homer, Militia District 6, Banks County, Georgia, USA.
Notes for NATHAN SANDERS:
Nathan Sanders, 28 September 1850 United States Federal Census, Gender: Male, Age: 47, Estimated Birth Year: abt 1803, Birth Place: Georgia, Home in 1850(City,County,State): District 32, Franklin, Georgia, Occupation: Farmer, Value of Real Estate: $1,200.00, Household Members: Name Age: Nathan Sanders 47 & Frances Sanders 44, Moses H Sanders 17, William J Sanders 15, Wellborne M Sanders 13, Sarah E Sanders 9, Matthew C Sanders 7, Micajah Sanders 4, Asbury Sanders 3. [Line 18, 7-7]
Nathan Sanders, 5 July 1860 United States Federal Census, Gender: Male, Age in 1860: 57, Birth Year: abt 1803, Birthplace: Georgia, Home in 1860: Militia District 3, Banks, Georgia, Post Office: Homer, Occupation: Farmer, Value of real estate: $2,500.00 / $2,041.00, Household Members: Name Age: Nathan Sanders 57 & Frances Sanders 50, Sarah E Sanders 19, Mathew Sanders 16, Louisa Sanders 11, Wylye C Sanders 8. [267-250-8-Page 35]
Nathan Sanders, 7 July 1870 United States Federal Census, Race: White, Gender: Male, Age in 1870: 67, Estimated Birth Year: abt 1803, Birthplace: Georgia, Home in 1870: Homer, Banks, Georgia, Occupation: Farmer, Value of real estate: $700.00 / $350.00, Post Office: Homer, Household Members: Name Age: Nathan Sanders 67 & Frances Sanders 62, Sarah E Sanders 26, Mathew Sanders 23, Wily S Sanders 16. [554-507-Page 67]
Nathan Sanders, (28 September) 1850 United States Federal Census, Gender: Male, Age: 47, Estimated birth year: abt 1803, Birth Place: Georgia, Occupation: Farmer, Value of Real Estate: N/A, Home in 1850 (City,County,State): District 32, Franklin, Georgia, Family Number: 547, Household Members: Name Age: Nathan Sanders 47 & Frances Sanders 44, Children: Moses H Sanders 17, William J Sanders 15, Wellborne M Sanders 13 (Son), Sarah E Sanders 9, Matthew C Sanders 7, Micajah Sanders 4 (Son), Asbury Sanders 3 (Daughter). [Page 77 of 218, Line 18-7-7]
More About NATHAN SANDERS and FRANCES HEADEN:
Marriage: Abt. 1830, Franklin County, Georgia, USA
Children of NATHAN SANDERS and FRANCES HEADEN are:
9. i. MOSES H.O.4 SANDERS, b. Abt. 1833, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
ii. WILLIAM J. SANDERS, b. Abt. 1835, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
iii. WELLBORNE M. SANDERS, b. Abt. 1837, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
iv. SARAH E. SANDERS, b. Abt. 1841, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
v. MATTHEW C. SANDERS, b. Abt. 1843, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
vi. MICAJAH SANDERS, b. Abt. 1846, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
vii. LOUISA ASBURY SANDERS, b. Abt. 1847, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
viii. WILEY C. SANDERS, b. Abt. 1852, District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA.
Generation No. 4
9. MOSES H.O.4 SANDERS (NATHAN3, AARON2, MOSES SR.1) was born Abt. 1833 in District 32, Franklin County, Georgia, USA. He married RHODA ANN IVY 18 Nov 1855 in Franklin County, Georgia, USA. She was born Abt. 1835 in Georgia, USA.
Notes for MOSES H.O. SANDERS:
Moses H O Sanders, 2 July 1860 United States Federal Census, Gender: Male, Age in 1860: 27, Birth Year: abt 1833, Birthplace: Georgia, Home in 1860: Militia District 3, Banks, Georgia, Post Office: Homer, Occupation: Farmer, Value of real estate: $105.00, Household Members: Name Age: Moses H O Sanders 27 & Rhoda A Sanders 35, Mary E F Sanders 3. [234-218-3]
Marriage Notes for MOSES SANDERS and RHODA IVY:
Georgia Marriages, 1699-1944: Moses H. Sanders, Spouse: Rhoda Ann Ivy, Marriage Date: 18 Nov 1855, County: Franklin, State: Georgia.
More About MOSES SANDERS and RHODA IVY:
Marriage: 18 Nov 1855, Franklin County, Georgia, USA
Child of MOSES SANDERS and RHODA IVY is:
i. MARY E.F.5 SANDERS, b. Abt. 1857, Homer, Banks County, Georgia, USA.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cedeez69 18 Nov 2009 8:09PM GMT 
rjsaun 20 Nov 2009 11:57PM GMT 
nancysanders2... 27 Nov 2009 10:05PM GMT 
lawofficer 28 Nov 2009 6:58PM GMT 
rjsaun 21 Nov 2009 12:15AM GMT 
raycock_1 2 Sep 2010 9:10PM GMT 
sumter724 21 Mar 2011 9:25PM GMT 
toloball 8 Apr 2011 8:04AM GMT 
cedeez69 8 Apr 2011 11:00AM GMT 
sumter724 10 Apr 2011 4:52PM GMT 
per page