Search for content in message boards

Possible Parents of Elias "Plummer" Sanders [1775-1865] (h/o Mary Carter)

Replies: 46

Re: Elias "Plummer/Plumer" Sanders

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 10:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a descendent through Elias Sanders son Samuel B. Sanders. That would make him my fourth Grandfather. I hope it is ok for me to post on this board. I have been researching this as well and what I have found is that Elias Plumer Sanders birth mother was Ellender Self Plumer. Ellender married a gentleman of English Descent who's last name was Plumer. Ellender's family I have traced back through the 12th Century. They entered the country through Maryland by way of Scotland and have descendents that trace back through the Royal Lines in both Scotland and England. There are no Plumer Indians.

The book We Veitches, Veatches, Veaches, Veeches,...on page 160 states that Ann Veatch, daughter of John and Grace (Masters)Veatch Married a man by the last name of Self, who preceded her in death. Her will was written on the 25th of September, 1775, and proved the 12th Janurary 1776. In it she left legacies to Ann Richards, Lettis Self, and Philander Self; also to John Self and grandson, Elias Plumer, the son of a deceased daughter. No executor was named and her brother, Silas Veatch administered the estate. (Frederick Co. Wills....
It is quite possible and was common that there were many Indian attacks during this time period. Many times the children or infants were taken in by the tribe. It may be closer to the truth that Elias Plumer was the sole surivivor of his family and was taken in by the Cherokees... That would make sense as to why the Indian Roster stated his last name was Plumer... The tribe may have listed him as one of theirs but this theory seems to make a lot more sense. I think we need to do the DNA test and we will find that Elias was not of Indian Heritage.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rws1146 8 Apr 2011 4:50AM GMT 
beckyt925 24 Sep 2012 4:12AM GMT 
toloball 24 Sep 2012 7:12PM GMT 
Jac4410 24 Sep 2012 10:22PM GMT 
toloball 24 Sep 2012 11:17PM GMT 
terry_roberts... 16 Mar 2013 9:52PM GMT 
Bevtaylor7777 16 May 2012 2:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions