Search for content in message boards

Jeffrey Sanders b abt 1765 Anson Co NC to KY to Posey Vanderburgh Indiana: Seeking Descendants

Replies: 0

Jeffrey Sanders b abt 1765 Anson Co NC to KY to Posey Vanderburgh Indiana: Seeking Descendants

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 8:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sanders, Sirkle, Hightower,Harrison,Robertson
I am seeking any Sanders descendant of Jeffrey Sanders who has participated in the Sanders DNA Project. Jeffrey, who migrated out of Montgomery Co NC once Anson after 1790, was the brother of my William Moses Sanders (1774 Anson) son of James and Mary (b abt 1735) who also migrated into Rutherford Co NC. My GGG Grandfather Wm Moses named a son Jeffrey who died in Cleveland Co NC, once Rutherford.
Jeffrey's father James and his brother Patrick had migrated into Rutherford and Spartanburg SC a few years earlier.
In 1797, Jeffrey was listed in Rutherford Co NC deeds and so was his father James. He was selling his land and migrating west at the time. He migrated into Christian and Logan Co KY before migrating into Posey/Vanderburgh Indiana.
His wife was Ferilla Phoebe/Pherobe? Smith daughter of John and Sarah Smith Buck Creek Anson Co NC. Pherobe had a brother John Smith.
Jeffrey and Pherobe had the following as documented on trees and other records: Alisha Anne who married Abijah Hightower and divorced him.Sarah, Elizabeth, Ezekiel,James Jeffrey,John S.Mary, Peter Joseph, Catherine, Jane and Lydia. Some married into the Robertson, Stoner, Harrison, and Sirkle families.Any help on this family is appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic