Search for content in message boards

Sanders in Louisiana

Replies: 0

Sanders in Louisiana

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 6:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
We are trying to track down my husband's family. His father was Carl Sanders born June 30th 1929 in Louisiana and died July 27th 1987 in Delaware. His parents were Jim Sanders and Doshie Newman. Not sure if Jim is short for Jimmy or James. There is also several spellings of Doshie. At one time lived in or near Rayville, LA.

He was first married to Myrlyne Rogers. Her brother was Rube Edward Rogers Jr. Carl and Myrlyne had three children: Gary, Daryl and Suzanne. Gary had two children: Dara and Aaron. Daryl had one son: Daryl Lewis. Daryl Lewis was four when both of his parents died. His mother's parents raised him and changed his last name from Sanders to Ippolito. Myrlyne, Daryl and Suzanne are all buried in Carl E. Rogers Memorial Gardens.

Carl joined the Army at a young age and transferred to the Air Force later. He served in both the Korean and Vietnam War. He divorced Myrlyne and later married Phyllis Ann Blackiston. They had my husband, Carl William Sanders.

This is all the information we have. We would love to find out if my husband has any additional living family from his father's side and meet them.

Thank you.

Find a board about a specific topic