Search for content in message boards

John Monk Saunders screenwriter. Known for his World War I aviator, stories, novels, and films. See "Wings" of 1927.

Replies: 3

John Monk Saunders screenwriter. Known for his World War I aviator, stories, novels, and films. See "Wings" of 1927.

Mark Wakefield (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2005 8:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Saunders, Sanders, Wray, Ray
All Rep to WakefieldMark@hotmail.com/

John Monk Saunders screenwriter. Known for his World War I aviator, stories, novels, and films. See "Wings" of 1927.John Monk Saunders was born March 30, in the late 1890's in New York, New York. Well here goes 1895, 1896, & 1897 are reported dates for his birth.

Some people say John was born March 30, 1895 in Hinckley Township, Pine County, Minnesota. I'm not sure I know were John was born even yet.Some say that John Monk Saunders ended his life on March 11, 1940 at Fort Myers, Lee County, Florida. I'm very sure that date and place is right for a date of death! I don't think there is a death cert. in Lee County, Florida. John’s first wife was Avis Hughes she may have lived near Oakland CA. There is not much know about her other than there marriage later ended in a divorced.

John’s second wife was Vina “Fay” Wray was born on Sept. 15, 1907, Cardston, Alberta, Canada. John and Fay they were married 15 June 1928 in Maryland this marriage also later ended in a 1939 divorce.

Vina "Fay" Wray " was 96 years old when she died, August 8, 2004 in her apartment in Manhattan, New York. Fay came to us as the 4th child of six Wray children. It’s needless to say from very early on she played a part in a cast of many right on from her earliest of years. Fay was born on September 15, 1907, on a farm or a ranch in Wraylands, in Cardston, Alberta, Canada.

VINA "FAY" Wray successfully survived the slow 1928 change-over to sound. Fay appeared in a variety of talkies for Paramount. However she was born in to this new world of special effects and sound recordings just “kicking and screaming” long live the Queen of Scream. “Fay” Wray shall always be best remembered for playing the part of the screaming girl in the very strange 1933 love story called King Kong. Well so much for blind dates with tall dark and handsome men!

VINA "FAY" Wray’s father was JOSEPH HEBER WRAY was born December 19, 1861 in Hull, Yorkshire, England. Father, JOSEPH HEBER WRAY died May 05, 1930 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California. Fay’s father was a worker in a Canadian sawmill. When Joseph H Wray or his father came to North America will not be known soon.

John Monk Sanders was a powerful screenwriter known for his World War I aviator, stories, novels, and films. John was a flyer of military aircraft, and a natural leader. After John won his first Osker for the writing and filmography of Wings in made in 1927. John Monk Sanders set a standard for presentation of the aviator movie genre for screenwriters in the industry.

It was said John was born in New York his young life was stylized as a rich mans well educated son. Young Saunders soon becomes a Rhodes scholar. At some point John was offered a scholarship to Oxford. See film Yank at Oxford 1938. World War One may have just stopped John's collage progress at the Army recruitment stand.

If John started in to collage in about 1915 there would hardly be enough time to finish more than 2 full years of collage. If John had not finish that much collage the US Army would not have offered a 21 year old. John Monk Saunders the placement in the W W 1 Army Air Corps as a second lieutenant.

John Monk Sanders was a journalist he worked for the New York Tribune and then later possibly moved out to sunny California to work for the Los Angeles Times. Hollywood's growing film industry there was a need for better film writers. This may have been the very reason for John Monk Sanders note worthy appearance in the west. By late 1924 John had written his first story for screen known. Too many Kisses

End
M M W
All Rep to WakefieldMark@hotmail.com/
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mark Wakefield 8 Aug 2005 2:45AM GMT 
EDCRF 8 Jun 2013 7:25PM GMT 
paul saunders 10 Jun 2013 3:52AM GMT 
EDCRF 30 Jun 2013 1:05AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions