Search for content in message boards

Who were these SAVAGE children's parents?

Replies: 2

Re: Who were these SAVAGE children's parents?

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 6:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sauvage/Savage
These are my relatives. I will try to explain. Also, my great grandfather Olivier Sauvage decided to change the surname to Savage around 1860. This can cause some confusion when researching ancestors.

Jean Olivier Sauvage and his wife Rose Delphine(Vernier dit Ladouceur, are my 1st. cousins-3 times removed. Three of their eleven children are Alexander Sauvage, born May 15, 1847 in St. Timothee, Que., Can. Francis Sauvage was born April 4, 1851 in St. Timothee as well. Mary Sauvage was born on Dec. 26, 1852 in St. Louis de Gonzague, Que., Can.

You were looking for a Josephine? I have a Josephte, (prob. french for Josephine?) Sauvage (Leroux) born on april 26, 1824 in LesCedres, Que., Can. She died on Nov. 24, 1826 in St. Timothee, Que., Can. Her husband was Olivier Sauvage, born in 1818. Olivier is the my great grand uncle.

In the beginning of your letter you were looking for a Rose Ann. I have a Roseanna, a 3rd. cousin, 1x removed. She was born in 1877 in Valleyfield, Que. her parents were Francois Savage and Reine Bougie.
Edward Savage was born on Aug. 27, 1849 in St. Timothee, Que. and died on June 5, 1921 in Gouvenmeur, St. lawrence, New York, USA. Sibling to Alexander, Francis and Mary. He out of 10 other siblings uses Savage as a surname.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jhaskins2795 28 Jan 2003 4:47PM GMT 
leonamacdonal... 21 Nov 2004 6:07PM GMT 
maggiemae_ben... 29 Jan 2013 1:14AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions