Search for content in message boards

Schermerhorn in Henrico County, Virginia

Replies: 1

Schermerhorn in Henrico County, Virginia

Posted: 4 Jan 2012 8:25PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Schermerhorn
My son has a friend that lives on part of the Schermerhorn property and there are six grave markers on the property. The property is located in Henrico County, Virgnia. The names on the stones are J. C. Schermerhorn, born in Henrico County, Virginia, 11 April 1829, died 9 July 1912, his wife Emeline Ashton Schermerhorn, 21 March 1839 - 6 July 1919. William R. Ashton, husband of Isabella Ashton - there is more information about him and his parents but it is unreadable at this time because it was too cold to spray water on the stone and not have it freeze. What I could read stated that he is the son of Bi??? and W?? Elizabeth P. Ashton of King G(eorge?) County, Virginia, born 20 April 1800, died 20 December 1882. I am not positive that the dates are correct but that is what it looked like. The stones are very old. Isabella, wife of William Ashton, daughter of Isabell and B??(unable to read this either due to wear and age of the stone. Carrie D. Schermerhorn, wife of W. C. Schermerhorn 27 August 1870 - 8 December 1938. William Cornelius Schermerhorn, 9 December 1869 - 11 November 1948. Ada Willie Jeter, wife of William C. Schermerhorn, 4 February 1872 - 25 October 1919. The stones are set in the field several yards from the old farm house in 2 rows of 3 graves. I don't know if this helps any one or if any one is looking for them. I do hope it helps if they are being researched
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Pamila2 5 Jan 2012 3:25AM GMT 
Edith Gibson 18 Jan 2012 5:05AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic