Search for content in message boards

Bridgett Schneider of Random Acts Of Genealogical Kindness (RAOGK), R.I.P.

Replies: 1

Bridgett Schneider of Random Acts Of Genealogical Kindness (RAOGK), R.I.P.

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 6:22PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Schneider
From Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter 13 Nov 2011:

"Bridgett Schneider of Random Acts Of Genealogical Kindness (RAOGK), R.I.P.

"It is with great sadness that I report that Bridgett Schneider, best known as the primary person behind Random Acts Of Genealogical Kindness, passed away today. She was 64 years old.

"The last message I received from Bridgett was on October 18 when she wrote:

"RAOGK has been around with our volunteers helping other genealogists get copies of documents required to prove your lineage back to Adam and Eve (giggle). Pictures of your ancestors' tombstones were also high on the lists of requests. I hope everyone got as much service as we were able to give.

"Our heart is saddened that we will be offline for quite awhile. Between computer problems (harddrive turning to toast) and the health of the administrator very questionable ... RAOGK, after 11 years, will cease to exist for awhile.

"Bridgett Schneider
"RAOGK Administrator

"Bridgett and her husband Doc began Random Acts of Kindness (RAOGK) in 1999 in their Nebraska home. What they began with a handful of volunteer researchers in 1999 grew to over 4,000 people around the world.

"made many new friends over the years through RAOGK, attending conventions, society meetings, and helping the many researchers via online resources.

"Bridgett's husband Doc has assured the RAOGK volunteers that Random Acts Of Genealogical Kindness will be back online in the future - a promise he has made to Bridgett. For now, some people are helping individuals through the RAOGK Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/groups/33868082803/. Bridgett has brightened the lives of countless people and will be dearly missed."

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mi2early 14 Nov 2011 1:22AM GMT 
FullNelson17 24 Jun 2012 3:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions