Thanks so much for responding...its always wonderful to find family members!
Peter Joseph Schneider and Mary Knapp (daughter of Gregory Knapp) had the following children:
1. August Anthony: 5/12/1879 - 4/17/1944. Died Riverside, NJ. Married a Caroline _________.
2. George Phillip: 8/22/1880 - 12/23/1955 Died Philadelphia(George is my line). Married Catherine Viola Walizer
3.Magdeline: 11/6/1884 - 8/15/1966. Never married and a nurse by profession. Buried with parents at St. Marys
4. William Gregory: 8/12/1886 - After 1942. Married Katherine Burg
5. Josephine: 5/1888 - 9/4/1969. Married Julien Mexal. Buried St. Marys with parents.
6. Peter Joseph Jr.: 5/19/1890 - 5/15/1934. Buried St. Marys with parents.
7. Phillip A.: 12/19/1893. No known information except that he shows up on a couple of census.
Peter Joseph Schneider was the son of August(us) and Mary _______ Schneider. Before moving to Philadelphia the last name was spelled "Snyder", after Philadelphia it was spelled Schneider. I know pretty much nothing on August(us) and Mary so unfortunately I can't help much there. They have been very difficult to trace but I'm still working on it LOL. I know that August(us) was the first of our line here in America and I do believe that he and Mary were married before immigrating but I'm still working on that. On one of the children's 1920 Census August(us) is listed as born in Alsace, France and Mary is listed as born in Cologne, Germany.
Mary Knapp Schneider was the daughter of Gregory and Mary Peters Knapp and was born in Trevorton, Northumberland Co. PA. Gregory Knapp died October 1873 and the family then moved to where the oldest son was living, Locust Dale, Schuykill Co. PA and that was where Mary and Peter met. Gregory has been listed as from Wurttemburg, Germany and his wife from Switzerland but I haven't been able to tie them to these locations yet. I believe I found when they immigrated: Ship was "American Eagle" on July 12, 1847. Place of origin was Germany and port of departure was London. Immigrated was Gregory, Mary and their firstborn Joseph.
Would love to exchange information with you! My email address is : firstname.lastname@example.org
if you would like to correspond.
Have a wonderful day!