Search for content in message boards

Jacob Schneider m. Alta Klein

Replies: 0

Jacob Schneider m. Alta Klein

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 10:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Feb 2013 2:27PM GMT
Surnames: Schneider, Klein, Pence, Lentz, Schmidt, Martzloff
There is some vague information on the internet pointing to Jacob Schneider and Alta Klein as being the parents of Johan Georg Schneider who m. Elizabeth Pence. There is a decent account of the history of Johan Georg Schneider at this website: http://www.mcclanahanhistory.com/snider.html
So, I won't repeat that information here. What I am having trouble finding is any firm reference to the parents that are the subject of this query.

I was really looking for more information on the Schneiders, but I ended up locating something interesting on the "Klein" surname!

Combing through multiple AncestryDNA autosomal matches using the surname "Klein", I have uncovered enough evidence to point to this family (to whom I am genetically related):

Nicholas Klein (1609-1647) m. Magdalena Lentz (1619-1644) and are the parents of:

Johan Sebastian Klein (1644-?) who m. Anna Catarina Schmidt (1645-1729) and are the parents of:

Moritz (or Mauritius) Klein (1684-1769) who m. Anna Catharine Martzloff (1689-1772).

There are many children from this last marriage, but there is no record of an Alta Klein, nor is there any record of any other child marrying Jacob Schneider. If the information I found on Alta is correct, she was born abt. 1713 - which puts her date of birth in the appropriate range for the children of Moritz and Anna.

Does anyone have any information on this "Klein" family? If Jacob Schneider's wife's name was indeed "Alta", then perhaps she is related to this family in some other way?

Any help would be appreciated!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions