Search for content in message boards

Moses Scott and Harriet Alexander

Replies: 4

Re: Moses Scott and Harriet Alexander

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 7:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Richard, John Alexander is my ggg grandfather and I descend thru his son James G. Alexander and thru his son Thomas Alexander. John had three daughters that I know of but I think there was at least one more. A couple of years ago I made contact with the wife of a man who descended from another of John's daughters. Jane Alexander married Seaborn Davies (I have photos of both of them in my tree). His g grandfather was Henry Clay Vawter who kept a diary from 1868 until he died in 1923. Henry had a grand daughter who saved several photographs of their relatives and this is who sent me copies of Harriet. They live in Tremont and his wife found the will in, I think, the Pekin courthouse records. In my tree I have posted several land records for several of these people along with other documents as well. It was thru the will of Moses that I learned that he had been married earlier to a Susannah Beach and she had a fever and went insane so Moses divorced her after having 5 children by her. Harriet rasied those children until they grew of age and left home. Altogether, Moses had a total of 13 children between the two marriages. He and Harriet owned a stagecoach and Inn around the Tremont area. Hope this helps,
Mike.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mwalex 8 Jun 2009 10:37PM GMT 
Richard Scott 12 Jan 2013 9:12PM GMT 
mwalex 13 Jan 2013 8:37PM GMT 
Richard Scott 14 Jan 2013 3:08AM GMT 
mwalex 14 Jan 2013 2:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic