Search for content in message boards

Amos V Scott (1812) and Lewis B Scott (1813)

Replies: 0

Amos V Scott (1812) and Lewis B Scott (1813)

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 10:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Mar 2013 11:04AM GMT
Surnames: Bliss Hageman Hagerman Hegeman Hibbs Scott
I have reason to believe that Amos V Scott (1812) and Lewis B. Scott (1813) are brothers and that they are the Children of Joseph Scott (1786) and Phebe Hageman (1791) of Bensalem, Bucks County Pennsylvania.

I think they were also born in Bucks County Pennsylvania and that Amos was named after his uncle Amos V Scott (1799) on his father's side and that Lewis was named after Lewis B. Hageman (1795) on his mother's side.

Phebe, their mother, apparently passed away some time prior to 1820. Since Joseph married Marian Hibbs in 1817, it can be assumed that Phebe likely passed away sometime prior to that.

The 1820 census lists two free white males under the age of ten in Joseph Scott's home. I believe these two children may be Amos V Scott (1812) and Lewis B Scott (1813).

The 1830 census shows that the family has moved from Bucks County, Pennsylvania to Monroe, New York. It also shows two free white males 15 thru 19. I believe these may also be references to Amos V and Lewis B. Interestingly, that age range would place the birth of these two between 1815-1811. In other words, prior to the 1817 marriage of Joseph Scott to Marian Hibbs.

Amos and Lewis at some point meet and marry the Bliss sisters (Lucy and Orrilla) of Monroe, New York and then purchase neighboring farms in Romulus, Michigan.

To date, I have been unable to positively establish the parentage of Amos V. Scott (1812) and Lewis B. Scott (1813). If anyone has any information about them that might prove the theory I have laid out, please contact me.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions