Search for content in message boards

Descendants: John Scott & Maggie Ann Kidd Murison b1880

Replies: 1

Re: Descendants: John Scott c1887 & Maggie Ann Kidd Murison b1880

Posted: 18 May 2013 11:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is an update of my own research so far:

As well as Charles Smith Murison in 1899, Maggie also had two more illegitimate children, James Murison in 1900 and Mary Murison in 1905, all born at Bogend on the Estate of Shiels, Midmar, Aberdeenshire.

In 1907, Maggie married John (Hay) Scott, whose parents Adam Scott and Elizabeth Milne lived at Mains of Newhall, Cookney.

On the 1911 census, John and Maggie are living at Knocklom in Cluny parish with their daughter Flora Scott aged 3. The census shows 2 children of the marriage with 1 living. I have not located a birth record for Flora.

In 1912, John and Maggie had a daughter Elizabeth Murison Scott while living at Dalherick Cottage, Midmar.

I have been in touch with a granddaughter of James Murison, and through that I know James married Annie Christie in 1928, and they had 5 children: Anne, Robert, James, Malcolm and Graham.

I was told John and Maggie's 2 daughters were Elizabeth and Annie, but I think the Annie may be incorrect. The birth record I found for an Annie Scott in that area in the same time period had different parents.

I am keen to learn more about the other siblings lives, particularly Mary but also Flora and Elizabeth, and would be happy to hear from any family members.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
neb_maat_re 23 Apr 2013 5:39AM GMT 
neb_maat_re 19 May 2013 5:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic