Franklin County, Georgia Scotts

Replies: 34

Re: Franklin County, Georgia Scotts

Judy M. Orr-Rabon (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2003 11:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Scott
Debby,

It does seem odd that all three of us are literally hitting the same brick wall. I think there is a connection, we will just have to find it! I am going to forward your link to the lady that is doing my geneaology so she may contact you and/or Billie as well.
I do know that my GG Grandmother, Martha Carolina Scott, had a brother named John and one named George. She was born in 1883(?) so their birth dates would not be too far off from that. Perhaps your John could be Father or Uncle to my John, George and Martha Carolina.
I have heard stories of how many Cherokee took off for the swamps of southern Georgia and northern Florida. Many of those same trails were used by blacks before, during and after the Underground Railroad set-up. It has also been pointed out to me that there is a possibility my GG Grandmother was Creek and not Cherokee. The Creek are indigenous to that area in southern Georgia where she was born. The Miami Indians, from my understanding, were mostly from the area that is now called Miami. There are many stories available online about the Miami Circle that was just found in downtown Miami. Look it up, you may find it interesting!
There is a tribe of Cherokee folks in St. George, GA. They are known as The Cherokee of Georgia (duh!). I have some contact with their Tribal Secretary, but have never gone so far as to ask for names off of their Tribal rolls. I will be attending their Tribal Council meeting (hopefully) the first weekend of November. Maybe I can get some info while I am there. If so, I'll let you all know.
It is very hard to trace ancestors that are/were Indian because of all the mess the government put them through, but where there is a will, there is a way! We will find them though! Have faith, cousin!

~Simply Judy~
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
chubec 25 Jul 2002 10:58PM GMT 
Judy M. Orr-Rabon 13 Sep 2002 3:15AM GMT 
vernon_cocker... 5 Oct 2003 9:58PM GMT 
Judy M. Orr-Rabon 6 Oct 2003 3:01AM GMT 
vernon_cocker... 6 Oct 2003 3:13AM GMT 
Judy M. Orr-Rabon 6 Oct 2003 3:22AM GMT 
Billie Millsap 6 Oct 2003 2:07PM GMT 
Judy M. Orr-Rabon 7 Oct 2003 1:36AM GMT 
Debby Scott 9 Oct 2003 3:44AM GMT 
Judy M. Orr-Rabon 9 Oct 2003 5:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions