Franklin County, Georgia Scotts

Replies: 34

Re: Franklin County, Georgia Scotts

Debby Scott (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2003 9:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Scott
Hi, Judy & Billie:

I had to jump in here and ask; if either of you have a John B. Scott in your Scott line. He is my GG Grandfather. He was born 1811 Kentucky. He is of Cherokee descent. My Scott family is suppose to have ties with Scott's in Georgia. Finding his family and siblings has been one of my brick walls. I can not find him for years between his birth of 1811 and up to before 1850.

Here is my Story. My father told me our Scott line has ties with Scott's in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, the Carolina's, Tennessee, Georgia, possibly Flordia. He told me that our line of Scott's came from a friendly tribe in or near Flordia, possibly Georgia called the "Miami" tribe. [Not the Miami tribe in Peru, IN]. Has either of you heard of this?

A cousin told me that the Scott Families started in Pennslyvania followed the railroads to Kentucky. Some families stayed in the Carolina's, while others stayed in Kentucky, and others migrated into Ohio, Tennessee, Georgia. Anyway, the families split up in Kentucky. So, we are all linked, but it is finding that link.

Also, my cousin told me that prior to the Cherokee's being sent out West alot of them escaped. He told me alot of families jumped a train near what today is Bowling Green, Kentucky. He said my GG Grandfather was one of them and he came to Indiana. Has either of you heard of this?

I have [4] Scott lines going. [1] My John B. Scott line [2] James Scott b. 1755 Pennslyvania and [3& 4] two Archibald Scott lines from Kentucky. These two Archibalds are within a few years of each other. These other [3] lines of Scott's; I do not know, if there is any Native American Heritage or not. You are both welcome to view my on-line family tree for a possible connection. I will add link at the bottom. I would be interested in viewing your Scott families.

It has been so hard in finding my Scott family connections, as well. I have had this brick wall for years. I had an Aunt and Uncle hitting this same brickwall until there deaths. I figured my John B. Scott, [if, the story is true] must of came to Indiana; probably somewhere around the 1830's. None of this has been verified and I have not ever found any of my Scott family on the Dawes Rolls. Anyway, sounds like we are all hitting the same brickwall. I will look forward in hearing from you both. You can email me at debby_scott@yahoo.com.

Thank you
Debby Scott

My Family Tree
http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=debbysco...

My Family Website:
http://geocities.com/debby_scott/my_heritage.html

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
chubec 25 Jul 2002 10:58PM GMT 
Judy M. Orr-Rabon 13 Sep 2002 3:15AM GMT 
vernon_cocker... 5 Oct 2003 9:58PM GMT 
Judy M. Orr-Rabon 6 Oct 2003 3:01AM GMT 
vernon_cocker... 6 Oct 2003 3:13AM GMT 
Judy M. Orr-Rabon 6 Oct 2003 3:22AM GMT 
Billie Millsap 6 Oct 2003 2:07PM GMT 
Judy M. Orr-Rabon 7 Oct 2003 1:36AM GMT 
Debby Scott 9 Oct 2003 3:44AM GMT 
Judy M. Orr-Rabon 9 Oct 2003 5:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions